Synonym: allocate, allot, apportion, assign, becoming, budget, distribute, divide, fitting, proper, share, suitable. Antonym: inappropriate, unfit, unsuitable. Similar words: approximately, approve, appreciation, approval, approach, approve of, the proletariat, variation. Meaning: [ə'prəʊprɪət] v. 1. give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause 2. take possession of by force, as after an invasion. adj. 1. suitable for a particular person or place or condition etc 2. appropriate for achieving a particular end; implies a lack of concern for fairness 3. meant or adapted for an occasion or use 4. suitable and fitting 5. being of striking appropriateness and pertinence.
Random good picture Not show
1. Sports clothes are not appropriate for a formal wedding.
2. It was thought appropriate to award her the prize.
3. Jeans are not appropriate for a formal party.
4. She gave a speech appropriate to the occasion.
5. Use illustrations where appropriate but don't overdo it.
6. Is now an appropriate time to make a speech?
7. My reaction is completely appropriate.
8. Her bright clothes were not appropriate for a funeral.
9. It is appropriate that everyone be suitably attired.
10. Is this film appropriate for small children?
11. Teaching materials need to be culturally appropriate.
12. The book was written in a style appropriate to the age of the children.
13. I hardly think jeans are appropriate attire for a wedding.
14. A dirty face is not appropriate for the school photograph.
15. The statement of our delegation was singularly appropriate to the occasion.
16. It is hard to find an appropriate dress for me.
17. Now that the problem has been identified[Sentencedict.com], appropriate action can be taken.
18. Dress neatly and attractively in an outfit appropriate to the job.
19. It is the most appropriate time to show you our thanks.
20. It would not be appropriate for me to discuss that now.
21. The intercom buzzed and he pressed down the appropriate switch.
22. The appropriate word eluded him.
23. Is this an appropriate occasion to discuss finance?
24. It is appropriate that he should get the post.
25. Put a cross in the appropriate box.
26. Don't try to win a friend by presenting gifts. You should instead contribute your sincere love and learn how to win others 'heart through appropriate ways.
27. Each area of the curriculum should be led by a staff member with appropriate expertise.
28. Details of the problem will be logged by the Help Desk staff who will then contact the appropriate agency.
29. This is Teachers' Day and a time to be grateful to all teachers. This profession deserves the special recognition and respect. There is no more appropriate time than this to honour you and others in your chosen field. You have my eternal gratefulness. Have a happy Teachers' Day.
30. Without someone to turn to for advice,(Sentencedict.com ) making the most appropriate choice can be difficult.
More similar words: approximately, approve, appreciation, approval, approach, approve of, the proletariat, variation, properly, property, propose, proposed, proportion, material, negotiate, initiate, immediate, associate, associated, in proportion to, privately, building materials, the private sector, trial, crop, crops, drops, bacteria, historian, variable.