Synonym: big, colossal, enormous, giant, gigantic, grand, great, huge, immense, mammoth, massive, sizable, vast. Antonym: little, small. Similar words: at large, largely, by and large, on a large scale, a large number of, target, in charge of, take charge. Meaning: [lɑrdʒ /lɑː-] n. a garment size for a large person. adj. 1. above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent 2. fairly large or important in effect; influential 3. ostentatiously lofty in style 4. generous and understanding and tolerant 5. conspicuous in position or importance 6. having broad power and range and scope 7. in an advanced stage of pregnancy. adv. 1. at a distance, wide of something (as of a mark) 2. with the wind abaft the beam 3. in a boastful manner.
Random good picture Not show
4. The two large classrooms have been assigned to us.
5. He has a large circle of acquaintances.
6. This medicine is poisonous if taken in large quantities.
7. All large ships now have a wireless installation.
8. He's the president of a large international organization.
9. Use recorded delivery for large cheques or money orders.
10. China is a large country with a long history.
11. There was a large dent in the passenger door.
12. The sofa was entirely occupied by two large cats.
13. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
14. Christ began preaching to large crowds.
15. The society has a large membership.
16. A large proportion of old people live alone.
17. The playing field is a large oval.
18. The concert attracted a large turnout.
19. She was the boss of a large international company.
20. They sailed to America in a large liner.
21. Large packages are sometimes left beside the door.
22. The area has a large[Sentencedict.com], but politically inactive population.
22. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
23. The library has a large biology section.
24. There were large patches of rust on the car.
25. The postman brought me a large package.
26. They entertain on a large scale .
27. The electricity industry consumes large amounts of fossil fuels.
28. He wore a belt with a large brass buckle.
29. A horse is a large animal.
30. This newspaper has a large number of subscribers.
More similar words: at large, largely, by and large, on a large scale, a large number of, target, in charge of, take charge, cargo, urge, margin, emerge, surgery, surgeon, forget about, discharging, emergency, solar, declare, salary, flare up, collar, secular, scholar, regular, similar, all around, similarly, regularly, particular.