Synonym: entertainer, performer, trouper. Antonym: actress. Similar words: factor, factory, contractor, act on, act out, facto, doctor, sector. Meaning: ['æktə] n. 1. a theatrical performer 2. a person who acts and gets things done.
Random good picture Not show
1. Hollywood's favourite actor was modest about his latest triumph.
2. Actor Dom Deluise talks about his career in comedy.
3. The actor has learned off his lines.
4. He is internationally famous as a character actor.
5. The actor overplayed the role of Hamlet.
6. The actor is well known to us.
7. He dallied with the idea of becoming an actor.
8. He certainly is a marvellous actor.
9. The actor moved upstage away from the audience.
10. He won the best actor award.
11. That actor enunciates very well.
12. She's a fine actor and an even finer dancer.
13. He was nominated best actor.
14. She's going out with an impoverished young actor.
15. He was nominated for the best actor award.
16. The actor achieved fame at the age of 22.
17. You missed your vocation-you should have been an actor.
18. The actor says he suffers frequent bouts of depression.
19. The newspaper article caused the actor considerable distress.
20. Being a professional actor of necessity means working nights and Sundays.
21. If the new actor is no good,(sentencedict.com) kick him out.
22. The actor plays well.
23. He's a very versatile young actor who's as happy in horror films as he is in TV comedies.
24. He told me he was an actor and I was fool enough to believe him.
25. Caine has always been an actor who excels in irony.
26. Die? I should say not, dear fellow. No Barry more would allow such a conventional thing to happen to him. John Barry more, American actor, J.
27. Further movie roles have proved somewhat elusive for the young actor.
28. He was a door-to-door salesman before he became an actor.
29. Despite vehement opposition from his family, he quit school and became an actor.
30. His parents tried to discourage him from being an actor.