Synonym: bandage, bind, fasten, record, tie, wrap. Similar words: tap, set apart, metaphor, paper, rape, grape, agape, newspaper. Meaning: [teɪp] n. 1. a long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening 2. a recording made on magnetic tape 3. the finishing line for a foot race 4. measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal) marked in inches or centimeters and used for measuring lengths 5. memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information. v. 1. fasten or attach with tape 2. record on videotape 3. register electronically.
Random good picture Not show
1) Shall I tie the package or tape it?
2) The tape was driven by a clockwork motor.
3) I used tape to tie up the box.
4) Using a wide tape gives better quality sound reproduction.
5) Don't fool with the tape recorders.
6) We've got the film on tape.
7) Stick reflective tape on your school bag.
8) His speech has been recorded on tape.
9) She accidentally erased the tape.
10) Be carefull; don't wipe the tape!
11) Can I borrow your tape?
12) Waddington rewound the tape and played the message again.
13) The data is stored on the magnetic tape.
14) Who was the first to breast the tape?
15) Red tape encumbered all our attempts at action.
16) There was a low hiss on the tape.
17) We keep a tape of incoming calls.
18) The sticky tape on the parcel came unstuck and the whole thing came undone.
19) Because of all red tape at immigration I missed my connecting flight.
20) The hall was decked up with coloured tape and banners.
21) I rewound the tape and played her voice back to her.
22) A cassette tape recorder can easily record sound on and play sound back from tape.
23) The carpenter extended the measuring tape as far as it would go.
24) Tape recordings of conversations are transcribed by typists and entered into the database.
25) He was not satisfied with the tape recorder,(http://sentencedict.com/tape.html)so he took it back to the store.
26) A half million people watched the troops march in New York's ticker tape parade.
27) It would be uneconomical to send a brand new tape.
28) She expunged the sound of his voice from the tape recording.
29) The little money that was available was tied up in bureaucratic red tape.
30) The course comprises a class book, a practice book and an audio tape.