Synonym: costly, dear, high-priced. Antonym: cheap, economical, inexpensive. Similar words: expense, offensive, defensive, extensive, at the expense of, comprehensive, pension, propensity. Meaning: [-sɪv] adj. high in price or charging high prices.
Random good picture Not show
1. The company is backtracking from its more expensive plans.
2. She was wearing an expensive new outfit.
3. The best grades of tea are expensive.
4. It is expensive to travel by plane.
5. The diamond ring is the most expensive.
6. A minor snag is that it's expensive.
7. Tickets are likely to be expensive.
8. Making the wrong decision could prove expensive.
9. It is too expensive for me to buy.
10. It must be expensive. --Not really.
11. Buying that airbus was an expensive mistake.
12. Art books are expensive to produce.
12. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
13. Both books/Both the books/Both these books are expensive.
14. Existing methods of production are expensive and inefficient.
15. Accommodation is expensive in this city.
16. There were several expensive suits hanging in the wardrobe.
17. tried to glamorize the bathroom with expensive fixtures.
18. High interest rates make credit expensive.
19. Petrol is becoming more and more expensive.
20. Wine's so expensive in this country.
21. Her suit looked extremely expensive.
22. I bought the more expensive model.
23. The upkeep of larger old properties is very expensive.
24. That dress was an expensive mistake.
25. They are very expensive, I presume?
26. Houses are very expensive in this area.
27. I can't afford it, it's too expensive.
28. The car parts themselves are not expensive, it's the labour that costs the money.
29. The upper classes usually send their children to expensive private schools.
30. When she lost her job they could no longer sustain their expensive lifestyle.
More similar words: expense, offensive, defensive, extensive, at the expense of, comprehensive, pension, propensity, sensitive, expert, expel, expect, expedite, expertise, expected, experience, experiment, experienced, unexpected, expedition, experimental, density, tension, massive, expansion, derisive, pervasive, effusive, extension, dimension.