Synonym: annex, annexe, denotation, elongation, extension phone, extension service, file name extension, filename extension, lengthiness, prolongation, propagation, reference, telephone extension, university extension, wing. Similar words: extensive, tension, pension, dimension, dimensions, comprehension, extend, extent. Meaning: [ɪk'stenʃn] n. 1. a mutually agreed delay in the date set for the completion of a job or payment of a debt 2. act of expanding in scope; making more widely available 3. the spreading of something (a belief or practice) into new regions 4. an educational opportunity provided by colleges and universities to people who not enrolled as regular students 5. act of stretching or straightening out a flexed limb 6. a string of characters beginning with a period and followed by one to three letters; the optional second part of a PC computer filename 7. the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression; the class of objects that an expression refers to 8. the ability to raise the working leg high in the air 9. amount or degree or range to which something extends 10. an additional telephone set that is connected to the same telephone line 11. an addition to the length of something 12. an addition that extends a main building.
Random good picture Not show
(1) Donald's been given an extension to finish his thesis.
(2) The extension of the garden will take several weeks.
(3) May I have Extension 63, please?
(4) Could I have extension number 103?
(5) They're building an extension to their house.
(6) May I have extension 103?
(7) Would you transfer this call to extension 103?
(8) Please connect me with extension 103.
(9) I'm transferring your call to extension 103.
(10) The mountain turns around, but towards the peak extension.
(11) The pupils disliked the extension of the term.
(12) I'll connect you to extension 103.
(13) The extension bridge is steep(sentencedict.com),so the tricyclist has to get off his tricycle and push it up.
(14) They were refused planning permission for a modern extension because it was a Grade II listed building.
(15) The plan is for a rolling extension of the tax over the next ten years.
(16) My extension is two four double 0 .
(17) The extension of the subway will take several months.
(18) He's applied for an extension of his visa.
(19) We have an extension in our bedroom.
(20) Our extension is nearly finished.
(21) When you call(sentencedict.com), ask for extension 3276.
(22) She can get me on extension 308.
(23) They've built an extension on.
(24) Call the switchboard and ask for extension 410.
(25) The architect has quoted £3000 to build an extension.
(26) She got an extension for writing her essay.
(27) My home life was becoming no more than an extension of my job.
(28) He first entered Britain on a six-month visa, and was given a further extension of six months.
(29) The Princess of Wales laid the foundation stone for the extension to the Cathedral.
(30) The previous owner of the house had built an extension on the back.
More similar words: extensive, tension, pension, dimension, dimensions, comprehension, extend, extent, extended, to some extent, intensity, mansion, expansion, external, density, intense, offensive, sensitive, defensive, consistent, sensitivity, comprehensive, consistently, comprehensible, version, mission, session, emission, invasion, decision.