Synonym: bed, crease, crinkle, furrow, line, wrinkle. Similar words: seaman, ad nauseam, sea, seal, team, seat, sear, beam. Meaning: [sɪːm] n. 1. joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces 2. a slight depression in the smoothness of a surface 3. a stratum of ore or coal thick enough to be mined with profit. v. put together with a seam.
Random good picture Not show
1. They struck a rich seam of iron ore.
2. The book is a rich seam of information.
3. She sewed the seam with small neat stitches.
4. The average UK coal seam is one metre thick.
5. She was repairing Billy's trousers, where the seam had come undone.
6. Use vinyl seam adhesive where vinyls overlap.
7. They're still mining a rich seam of high-grade coal.
8. Tack them together with a 1.5 cm seam.
9. Her dress had split along the seam.
10. This seam of coal reposes on a layer of clay.
11. Polidori, the right-wing politician, is mining a rich seam of fear and prejudice.
12. The 466-page book is a rich seam of statistical information.
13. His shirt was torn along a seam.
14. Neil's shirt was torn at the shoulder seam.
15. Press the seam allowance to one side.
15. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
16. Flat fell seam is a neat, strong seam.
17. Seal all tent seams with seam sealer. 3.
18. Trim seam allowances and clip around curve.
19. Stitch a plain seam with right sides together.
20. Also cut one from interfacing, without a seam allowance.
21. This will prevent the seam from tightening up with the result that it could be shorter than the surrounding fabric.
22. To make a plain seam, place two pieces of fabric together with right sides facing and with raw edges level.
23. Press seam allowance to the wrong side on the lining and notch out in the same way.
24. The private sector now offers another rich seam to mine.
25. A seam ripper is useful, but should be used with caution to avoid cutting fabric.
26. Along the line of her brow lay a seam of piercing pain.
27. Stuff the cushion and then sew up the final seam.
28. When she started writing novels, she found her time as a judge was a rich seam for her to mine.
29. They plan to pump a suspension of catalysts in steam and air or hydrogen, down into a coal seam.
30. I riffle through my Esquire, practically ripping the pages out at the seam.