Synonym: anticipate, await, hope, look for, suppose, think. Antonym: despair. Similar words: expected, unexpected, expert, expense, expertise, experiment, experience, experienced. Meaning: [ɪk'spekt] v. 1. regard something as probable or likely 2. consider obligatory; request and expect 3. look forward to the probable occurrence of 4. consider reasonable or due 5. be pregnant with 6. look forward to the birth of a child.
Random good picture Not show
5. If you are successful, you can expect promotion.
6. You can't expect him to be perfect.nobody is.
7. I expect he'll pass the examination.
8. She knows broadly what to expect.
9. Employees expect flexibility in the workplace.
10. Doctors expect him to make a full recovery.
11. Despair doubled expect change twice.
12. Don't expect sympathy from me!
13. They expect a Cabinet reshuffle in the summer.
14. It would be unwise to expect too much.
15. How silly of me to expect them to help!
16. When do you expect him back?
17. Oh very funny! You expect me to believe that?
18. I had no preconceptions about what to expect.
19. I always expect total honesty from my employees.
20. Both leaders seemed to expect measurable progress.
21. I expect to be back within a week.
22. I don't expect anything in reward.
23. Political analysts expect the Conservatives to win.
24. Don't expect it to improve overnight.
25. We can expect changes in the political landscape.
26. Expect variable cloudiness and fog tomorrow.
27. I had been warned what to expect.
28. He will expect some reward after working so hard.
29. When the oak is before the ash, then you will only get a splash; when the ash is before the oak(Sentencedict), then you may expect a soak.
More similar words: expected, unexpected, expert, expense, expertise, experiment, experience, experienced, expedition, experimental, at the expense of, aspect, suspect, spectrum, prospect, inspector, spectacle, perspective, inspection, introspect, spectacular, respectively, with respect to, introspection, irrespective of, expand, export, expose, explore, explain.