Random good picture Not show
1. Penny wise and pound foolish.
9. There are one hundred pence in a pound.
10. The pound was devalued against the US dollar.
11. After running fast you can feel your heart pound.
12. An ounce is one sixteenth of a pound.
13. Anna hit on a path to the pound.
14. There are sixteen ounces in one pound.
15. These cost ten pence a pound.
16. There are 16 ounces in one pound.
17. Potatoes are 20 pence a pound.
18. Apples are sold by the pound.
19. A pound contains 16 ounces.
20. I contributed a pound towards Jane's leaving present.
21. The farmers pound rice in a mortar.
22. The villagers used to pound the grain into flour by hand.
23. The pound has hit a new low against the dollar.
24. Her heart had begun to pound inside her chest like a captive animal.
25. This kind of chocolate is retailed at one pound a kilo.
26. He weighed out half pound of coffee beans to them.
28. For this peccadillo he was demoted and sent back to pound the beat.
29. Any more raffle tickets? Twenty-five pence each or five for a pound.
30. As from Sunday, May 1 st, all fares on the corporation's transport services will be increased by ten pence in the pound.
More similar words: expound, compound, compound interest, round and round, round, hound, found, sound, wound, bound, ground, around, bounded, founded, founder, round up, wounded, round off, sound off, all round, all around, come round, profound, flounder, abound in, get around, go around, surround, boundary, eastbound.