Synonym: all-out, complete, full, intensive, sweeping. Similar words: thoroughly, though, as though, a thought, although, drought, roughly, through. Meaning: ['θɜrəʊ /'θʌrə] adj. 1. painstakingly careful and accurate 2. very thorough; exhaustively complete.
Random good picture Not show
1. A thorough brushing helps to freshen up your mouth.
2. Give the house a thorough cleaning.
3. The doctor gave him a thorough check-up.
4. The thorough revenge is to forgive and forget.
5. He's a slow worker but very thorough.
6. Detectives carried out a thorough search of the building.
7. The police carried out a thorough investigation.
8. A thorough massage feels good when you are tired.
9. We are making a thorough investigation.
10. The shopkeeper gave his store a thorough checkup.
11. Give the room a thorough clean.
12. They did a thorough search of the area but found nothing.
13. The subject got a thorough airing in the British press.
14. He uncoiled the hose and gave them a thorough drenching.
15. Your research has obviously been very thorough.
16. He was determined to be thorough in his research.
17. He was thorough and conscientious, rather than brilliant.
18. It was a thorough waste of time.
19. The committee reported its findings after a thorough investigation.
20. These windows need a really thorough clean.
21. We're completely run-down and need a thorough rest.
21. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
22. His investigations were intensive and thorough but revealed nothing.
23. Everything was in a thorough mess.
24. The house is in need of a thorough clean.
25. The police investigation was very thorough.
26. We regard the band as a thorough shambles.
27. I gave the car a thorough going-over.
28. They received thorough briefing before they left the country.
29. The garage gave the car a thorough going-over.
30. This is a disgraceful state of affairs and cries out for a thorough investigation.
More similar words: thoroughly, though, as though, a thought, although, drought, roughly, through, even though, go through, all through, get through, throughout, at the thought of, put through, run through, come through, cut through, fall through, look through, pass through, pull through, carry through, break through, follow through, authority, authorize, dough, enough, ought to.