Synonym: hold, keep, preserve, put aside, save, store. Similar words: preserve, reservation, serve, serve as, observe, observer, nerve, desert. Meaning: [rɪ'zɜrv /-'zɜːv] n. 1. formality and propriety of manner 2. something kept back or saved for future use or a special purpose 3. an athlete who plays only when a starter on the team is replaced 4. (medicine) potential capacity to respond in order to maintain vital functions 5. a district that is reserved for particular purpose 6. armed forces that are not on active duty but can be called in an emergency 7. the trait of being uncommunicative; not volunteering anything more than necessary. v. 1. hold back or set aside, especially for future use or contingency 2. give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause 3. obtain or arrange (for oneself) in advance 4. arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance.
Random good picture Not show
1. You can reserve seats over the telephone.
2. You must reserve your strength for the tennis final.
3. Reserve your strength for the climb.sentencedict.com
4. They capitalized the company's reserve funds.
5. We'll reserve the ticket for you till tomorrow noon.
6. I'd like to reserve a table for two.
7. I'd like to reserve a table for eight.
8. Something is a knot when you reserve it,a scar when it's opened.
9. I'd like to reserve a table for three for eight o'clock.
10. I reserve Mondays for tidying my desk and answering letters.
11. Her novels are an odd synthesis of English reserve and Welsh emotionalism.
12. The area was declared a wildlife reserve, much to the chagrin of developers.
13. She trusted him without reserve .
14. You can reserve the tickets by phone.
15. Do you have to reserve tickets in advance?
16. They agreed to reserve four tickets for us.
17. She overcame her own natural reserve .
18. This area was once a wildlife reserve.
19. The management reserve the right to refuse entrance.
20. We have only a small reserve of coal.
21. 200 police officers were held in reserve.
22. We set/put a reserve of £50 on the picture.
23. These children have a huge reserve of latent talent.
24. Somehow Debbie maintained an inner reserve of strength.
25. I reserve the right to make my own decisions.
26. I'd advise you to reserve judgment .
27. I believe your story without reserve.
28. Reserve some watercress for garnish.
29. I'll reserve a table for five.
30. I can recommend him to you without reserve.
More similar words: preserve, reservation, serve, serve as, observe, observer, nerve, desert, serving, service, intervention, observation, conservative, conservation, resemble, research, social services, researcher, at present, represent, for the present, omnipresent, presentation, representation, representative, curve, carve, survey, these, harvest.