Synonym: bend, curl, turn, twist, wind. Similar words: survey, surveillance, survivor, survival, carve, nerve, serve, occur. Meaning: [kɜːv] n. 1. the trace of a point whose direction of motion changes 2. a line on a graph representing data 3. a pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approach the batter 4. the property possessed by the curving of a line or surface 5. curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.). v. 1. turn sharply; change direction abruptly 2. extend in curves and turns 3. form an arch or curve 4. bend or cause to bend 5. form a curl, curve, or kink.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The road went round in a tight curve.
(2) A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. Phyllis Diller
(3) The train turned in a curve. Sentencedict.com
(4) The car negotiated the sharp curve by slowing down.
(5) The curve illustrates costs per capita.
(6) The population curve has slowed down.
(7) The driver lost control on a curve and the vehicle hit a tree.
(8) A smile is the most beautiful curve on a woman's body.
(9) The seats were arranged to form a curve.
(10) The highway banks sharply on this curve.
(11) The slope increases as you go up the curve.
(12) The pipe had been turned in a U-shaped curve.
(13) The market demand curve has increased.
(14) Each firm will face a downward-sloping demand curve.
(15) The coast sweeps northwards in a wide curve.
(16) His plane swooped a beautiful curve up and down.
(17) The branches formed a graceful curve.
(18) This is an inward curve.
(19) The road follows the coast in a wide curve.
(20) The path of an arrow is a curve.
(21) Never overtake on a curve.
(22) His forehead domed out in a curve.
(23) The car took the curve much too quickly.
(24) First(sentencedict.com), plot the temperature curve on the graph.
(25) The stairs in the Five-Star hotel ascend in a graceful curve.
(26) The boy decelerates the bobsled where he nears a curve.
(27) Both he and the crew are on a steep learning curve.
(28) The whole team has been on a steep learning curve since the project began.
(29) The masonry at the crown of the arch is paler than on either curve.
(30) Everyone in the centre has been through a very steep learning curve .