Synonym: villainous. Similar words: various, curious, imperious, delirious, penurious, lugubrious, mysterious, laboriously. Meaning: [nɪ'ferɪəs /-'feər-] adj. extremely wicked.
Random good picture Not show
1. As it turned out, Beaton's efforts, whether nefarious or not, were very quickly nullified.
2. The Ostrich first came to fame through the nefarious exploits of its one-time landlord, Jarman.
3. Jealous cultural ministers from other lands wonder what nefarious persuasions he used.
4. Increasingly, they have been linked to more nefarious activities, from cheating on taxes to financing cocaine traffickers.
5. He is a nefarious murderer.
6. The bomber's nefarious deed destroyed many innocent lives.
7. He was universally feared because of his many nefarious deeds.
8. My father believes you all have a nefarious purpose here.
9. Another non - nefarious cause of increasing income disparity may be our ever - higher immigration rates.
10. The director of the company seems to have been involved in some nefarious practices/activities.
11. Why make a whole village prisoner if it was not to some nefarious purpose?
12. Gresham himself did not live to see the outcome of any of these nefarious schemes.
13. As a servant to the court of Pepin[Sentencedict], Gummarus married the nefarious Guinimaria.
14. Their sins deny them rest and they will continue their nefarious behaviour beyond the grave unless formally exorcised.
15. What sheer bad luck to meet a literary policeman when he was trying to do something nefarious but necessary.
16. Many of the spies had been involved in murder, blackmail, or other nefarious activities.
17. We wish that you will become cognisant of the lies and heinous practices ofthedark ones whichbindyouinslaverytotheir exquisitely nefarious vendetta against the light.
18. Many French will be convinced that their first impression after DSK was arrested – that he was victim of a nefarious political plot or financial shakedown – was correct.
19. Grabbing information from the mind doesn't always have to be nefarious.
20. The gifts of the earth were put only to nefarious uses.
21. Experience Capcom's classic platformer on mobile. Control Mega Man and his dog, Rush, on an epic journey to defeat the nefarious Dr. Wily and his deadly robot masters.
22. Godalhi and Koon pooled their resources in the capture of nefarious criminals.
23. Something called the Mittelos Bioscience Corporation, which sounds as if it does terrible things to baby ducks, has maintained an inscrutably nefarious presence on and off the island for some time.
24. They have depleted me through the constant assault of corruption and nefarious practices.
More similar words: various, curious, imperious, delirious, penurious, lugubrious, mysterious, laboriously, scenario, obvious, envious, dubious, anxious, officious, previous, vivacious, ambitious, bumptious, oblivious, obviously, religious, mendacious, pugnacious, obsequious, capricious, loquacious, suspicious, supercilious, previously, punctilious.