Antonym: insolvent. Similar words: solve, resolve, dissolve, involvement, evolve, involve, involved, revolve around. Meaning: ['sɑlvənt /'sɒl-] n. 1. a liquid substance capable of dissolving other substances 2. a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem. adj. capable of meeting financial obligations.
Random good picture Not show
1. Gasoline is a solvent liquid which removes grease spots.
2. A bankrupt firm is not solvent.
3. Caution! This solvent is highly flammable.
4. I don't know how we managed to remain solvent.
5. The company managed to remain solvent during the recession.
6. Lead is more solvent in acidic water.
7. Solvent abuse is especially prevalent among younger teenagers.
8. The solvent passes through the permeable membrane to the solution.
9. Trichloroethylene is a toxic industrial solvent.
10. So-called solvent processing is more direct.
11. Use solvent and a putty knife or large screwdriver.
12. They are happy merely to be solvent.
13. We've been financially solvent for the last 5 years.
14. It's become the leading cause of solvent abuse deaths.
15. A solvent is flooded on to the prepared face.
16. Nevertheless, Kamlet-Taft solvent parameters are present in Appendix 4.
17. Look out for smell of solvent on breath, nose-bleeds, sores around nose and mouth, weight loss.
18. The expense of solvent decarbonisers usually rules them out when caustic cleaners can be used.
19. The process of passing the solvent through the column is called elution.
20. The polymer solution is separated from the pure solvent by a membrane, permeable only to solvent molecules.
21. She says that there are other nasty solvent type chemicals which are dangerous.
22. Many insurance companies are under pressure to increase premiums to stay solvent.
23. They're going to have to show that the company is now solvent.
24. We must cut back on expenditure in order to remain solvent.
24. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
25. The nitric acid solution is then mixed with an organic solvent and the uranium and plutonium are separated from the waste products.
26. Embracing Mary Shelley, enjoying her love and her perfumes, had produced the greatest solvent effect so far.
27. The SE-703 has been designed to replace traditional liquid solvent extraction usually used for sample preparation prior to chromatographic analysis.
28. In the latter case the experiment is repeated using the same solvent but a solute of known molar mass.
29. The equilibria in the first part deal with complexation, solubility, redox reactions, and solvent extraction and ion exchange.
30. It also announced that it would take no new orders as it hunts around for a cash injection to keep it solvent.
More similar words: solve, resolve, dissolve, involvement, evolve, involve, involved, revolve around, event, invent, events, seventh, seventy, venture, eventually, inventory, invention, in any event, adventure, prevention, convention, even though, in the event of, conventional, intervention, constitutional convention, entertainment, sentiment, revolving, themselves.