Synonym: bravado, courage, daring, mettle, stamina, strength. Antonym: unnerve. Similar words: serve, serve as, reserve, observe, observer, preserve, nervous, intervention. Meaning: [nɜrv /nɜːv] n. 1. any bundle of nerve fibers running to various organs and tissues of the body 2. the courage to carry on 3. impudent aggressiveness. v. get ready for something difficult or unpleasant.
Random good picture Not show
1. You have a lot of nerve.
2. The virus remains dormant in nerve tissue until activated.
3. I've trapped a nerve in my spine.
4. My office is the nerve centre of the operation.
5. It takes nerve to be a racing driver.
6. Every nerve in her body was tense.
7. It takes a lot of nerve to be a bomb disposal expert.
8. He's off work with a trapped nerve in his neck.
9. A sensitive nerve in a tooth can cause great pain.
10. Sales of nerve gas antidotes increased dramatically before the war.
11. I don't have the nerve to sing in front of people.
12. He kept his nerve to win a thrilling match.
12. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
13. Without realizing, he had touched a raw nerve.
14. The nerve runs from the eye to the brain.
15. He's got a nerve asking us for money!
16. The message travels along the nerve to the brain.
17. At the last moment her nerve failed her.
18. The pain was caused by a trapped nerve.
19. We need to keep our nerve now.
20. The dentist deadened the nerve with novocaine.
21. Nerve impulses are transmitted to the brain.
22. They've got a nerve[sentencedict.com], complaining about our behaviour.
23. He lost his nerve at the last minute.
24. Parachuting takes a lot of nerve.
25. He never got up enough nerve to meet me.
26. Frankfurt is the economic nerve centre of Germany.
27. The eye converts light signals to nerve impulses.
28. Intense pain shot through every nerve in his body.
29. At the last minute she almost lost her nerve.
30. My remarks about divorce had unwittingly touched a raw nerve.
More similar words: serve, serve as, reserve, observe, observer, preserve, nervous, intervention, carve, curve, survey, harvest, service, serving, owner, surveillance, supervisor, interval, interview, runner, energy, manner, winner, mineral, trainer, planner, partner, prisoner, funeral, observation.