Synonym: investigator, research worker. Similar words: research, in search of, march, architect, patriarchy, architecture, cheese, reserve. Meaning: [rɪ'sɜrtʃə(r) /-'sɜːt-] n. a scientist who devotes himself to doing research.
Random good picture Not show
1. The researcher sets up experiments to test the hypothesis.
2. She has freelanced as a writer and researcher.
3. She's a researcher on a women's magazine.
3. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
4. She has impeccable credentials as a researcher.
5. The conscientious researcher is careful to avoid up the pole and omission.
6. Her job as a market researcher involves a lot of legwork .
7. A market researcher called at the house where he was living.
8. Zinberg was an iconoclastic Harvard drug researcher.
9. This extreme role really depends upon the social researcher deciding whether the means are justified by the ends.
10. The researcher has constructed computer models which predict tax and benefit entitlement under the present system, and after any possible reforms.
11. With closed questions, the researcher has in some way limited the possible responses.
12. The researcher could share enthusiasms, be a shoulder to cry on and help brainstorm alternatives.
13. Sometimes the researcher will present an explicit hypothesis and set out to test it.
14. As a researcher and teacher trainer, I watch dozens of lessons in primary and secondary schools.
15. According to market researcher Datamonitor, 3 million people cut up their credit cards in 1991 when standing charges were introduced.
16. Why does the researcher not include in the questionnaire a question about the person's favourite brand of cigarette?
17. However, if the researcher had such skills it would be very helpful to the writing process.
18. All too often the outside researcher pursues lines of enquiry which the prevailing culture manages to encompass and nullify.
19. The composition of the group that is studied depends on the interests of the researcher.
20. Someone who lacks staying power and persistence is unlikely to make a good researcher.
21. He hopes to carve out a niche for himself as a leading researcher in his field of study.
22. Mr Fay is to take up an appointment as a researcher with the Royal Society.
23. First, he had to establish his credentials as a researcher.
24. He chose to join the company as a market researcher.
25. The role of the teacher could be expanded to encompass the role of researcher.
26. Extensive field research can mean long periods living under adverse conditions to which the researcher is unaccustomed.
27. In this study there was the not inconsiderable problem of a white researcher seeking out black people.
28. In a liberal democracy this needs to be scrutinized constantly, and herein lies the first problem for the researcher.
29. The collection of data is not always something that a researcher can control.
30. When I got tenure at Hopkins, I was a promising researcher.
More similar words: research, in search of, march, architect, patriarchy, architecture, cheese, reserve, resemble, preserve, at present, represent, reservation, for the present, omnipresent, presentation, representative, representation, year after year, seal, season, in season, a far cry, porch, church, purchase, merchant, carcinomas, these, desert.