Synonym: Plantation, grove, orchard, woodlet. Similar words: incantation, explanation, orientation, presentation, confrontation, argumentation, disorientation, implementation. Meaning: [plæn'teɪʃn ,plɑːn-] n. 1. an estate where cash crops are grown on a large scale (especially in tropical areas) 2. a newly established colony (especially in the colonization of North America) 3. garden consisting of a small cultivated wood without undergrowth.
Random good picture Not show
1. He owned a cotton plantation.
2. His father - in - law is a plantation manager.
3. The plantation owner has possessed himself of a vast piece of land.
4. There sugar - beet plantation areas were expanded to 176000 hectares.
5. The plantation was devastated by a typhoon.
6. Not all plantation work has been masculinized.
7. This is the deed to John's plantation.
8. On the left was a plantation of almond trees.
9. Plantation owners kept slaves down by refusing them an education.
10. The place looked more like an old plantation house.
11. In mid-August about 500 citrus plantation workers were dismissed after striking over overtime allowances.
12. Magic shop in Plantation, the rat stock sells out nearly before it hits the shelves.
13. A couple of men rounded the plantation, going at a run towards the lake.
14. They built houses like those of the plantation owners they once worked for.
15. Planters Plantation Mix is a combination of almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts and raisins.
16. He will be staying at a coffee plantation on the edge of town.
17. DeVore's own plantation was in the northwest of this area, adjoining the garrison at Lodz.
17. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
18. Anyway, it consists of one enormous coconut plantation to make copra - from which you get coconut oil.
19. They set fire to plantation houses and drove the whites who were not killed into fortified cities.
20. Coffee is cheap because the plantation workers and their families are subsidizing it.
21. I made a dream-like approach to the Tea Plantation and bounced it in roughly.
22. We jolted along rough wet roads through an endless banana plantation.
23. It takes three to five years for a new plantation to bear a crop.
24. Sadly, most never make it past the sorting stage and instead wind up as fire-lighters at a nearby sugar plantation.
25. The Cav simply agreed to stay away from his plantation.
26. The charges relate to trees cleared for a new plantation.
27. In Maryland, a family of Catholics hired Hughes to work on their plantation.
28. This piece of woodland contrasts dramatically with the conifer plantation on the other side of the bridge.
29. Worst hit are the hundreds of thousands of landless plantation workers, whose livelihood has disappeared.
30. The 1968 play tells the story of two brothers and a woman dealing with life on a Mississippi plantation during a flood.
More similar words: incantation, explanation, orientation, presentation, confrontation, argumentation, disorientation, implementation, representation, ostentatious, station, mutation, annotation, agitation, vegetation, dictation, gestation, denotation, stationery, levitation, stationary, limitation, connotation, habitation, invitation, expectation, nation-state, elicitation, affectation, deportation.