Synonym: blessing, gift, godsend, jolly, jovial, merry, pleasant, windfall. Similar words: book, boot, boom, booth, boost, bamboo, book for, booming. Meaning: [buːn] n. a desirable state. adj. very close and convivial.
Random good picture Not show
1. Radio is a boon to the blind.
2. These machines have proved a real boon to disabled people.
3. Parks are a great boon to people in big cities.
4. The building scheme comes as an enormous boon for the building industry.
5. This battery booster is a boon for photographers.
6. Boon walked in and quieted the engine.
7. Bill and Bob are boon companions.
8. A car is a real boon when you live in the country.
9. The new software will prove a boon to home computer users.
10. A warm coat is a real boon in cold weather.
11. Guide dogs are a great boon to the partially sighted.
12. The bus service is a real boon to people in the village.
13. A bicycle is a real boon when you live in a small town.
14. Enigmatically, Boon sits in silence for a while.
15. Their boon is life for ever freed from toil.
16. Is snow an environmental boon or a menace?
17. For some estate agents, though[sentencedict.com], it is a boon.
18. Aeration used intelligently is a boon to the maintenance of the health and vitality of the fishes.
19. But I would crave a boon for myself and my successors.
20. This service has been a boon to all who use it, pensioners, disabled and able-bodied residents.
21. The monitor is a person who seldom asks a boon of others.
22. Tall, rich, and handsome, Garth was just like the hero of a Mills and Boon book.
23. That kind of bare-knuckled competition is proving to be a boon to travelers on the World Wide Web.
23. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
24. In fact, Galvin sees protecting the pygmy owl and its habitat as a boon to the economy and wildlife alike.
25. United's record goalscorer and now director, Bobby Charlton, believes Cantona will prove both a boon and a bargain.
26. But with careful management the carp can still be a boon to water authorities.
27. When they were first introduced they were an enormous boon to the farmer and the initial response was almost euphoric.
28. Whether stated or unstated, these conventions remain true for all Mills and Boon, Silhouette, and Harlequin romances.
29. Appointed by the mayor and council, the committee has been a boon in helping elected officials gather information and set priorities.
30. The run on unpretentious style and seasoned finishes has been a boon for the purveyors of shelter chic.