Synonym: allegory, apologue, fable. Similar words: comparable, bearable, adorable, favorable, miserable, endurable, vulnerable, preferable. Meaning: ['pærəbl] n. 1. a short moral story (often with animal characters) 2. (New Testament) any of the stories told by Jesus to convey his religious message.
Random good picture Not show
1. The minister preached a sermon on the parable of the lost sheep.
2. This is an ancient parable.
3. I launched into the parable, embellishing the story with invented dialogue and extra details.
4. There was a parable about Mahomet and the mountain.
5. Let me see if I can fashion a parable that will be of use to a politician.
6. The early Church saw, in the parable, a warning to be faithful in the interim period prior to the Second Coming.
7. The parable of the prodigal son conveys at a conscious level a message about the need for forgiveness and acceptance.
8. In the parable of Jonah, the prophet's disobedience stirs up the deep to endanger the lives of his fellow seafarers.
9. This, then, takes farther the secret police parable of the first play.
9. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
10. It is a kind of parable for the eighties -- a lesson about the destructiveness of greed.
11. In many ways Alan Bond's demise is a parable of the last 10 years.
12. So the parable envisages a situation that could arise in the early Church and advises that human judgment makes mistakes.
13. It is like some Old Testament parable; these questions were raised five thousand years ago and we still raise them today.
14. The meaning of the parable for today Both these meanings are seen as important to Christians today.
15. Let me tell you the parable of the Bavarian-cream pies.
16. When the music stopped[sentencedict.com], Gary concentrated on the parable of the prodigal son.
17. There is a philosophy parable, call philosophy of porcupine.
18. Hear then the parable of the sower.
19. Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
20. The parable of the good Samaritan just like it.
21. That parable is quite apt. "
22. Another said: I bet that is also a parable.
23. Now this wildly successful parable is available in an affordable trade paper edition.
24. How does the parable of the Cave fall in with the distinction between knowledge and belief?
25. If she had a gift, he thought, it was for parable and double-talk.
26. But suppose that these ideas are couched in the language of parable and theology as most believe.
27. Surprisingly it does not receive a mention in the parable of the Fall.
28. Both rely on something lost being found, a sheep in the first parable and a silver coin in the second.
29. In this, like both Priest and Sister My Sister, it functions as a parable of enlightenment and individualism.
30. Their sense of vision art mainly surrounds the ego of the youth pathos and the ego parable method of the metropolis. They usually use enantiomorphism psychological realism to express theirs lives.
More similar words: comparable, bearable, adorable, favorable, miserable, endurable, vulnerable, preferable, unfavorable, considerable, Arab, parade, paragon, parallel, paradox, paramour, considerably, separate, parasite, paradigm, apparatus, paralysis, separation, reparation, parallelism, able, disparaging, cable, table, separate from.