Random good picture Not show
1. This is only one instance out of many.
2. I came here at the instance of Dr. Jekyll.
3. There are a number of improvements; for instance, both mouse buttons can now be used.
4. An instance of this controversy occurred last year.
5. In this instance I think she was mistaken.
6. In the first instance I was inclined to refuse, but then I reconsidered.
7. The court of first instance will sit at two in the afternoon.
8. In the first instance, a letter from your employer may be all you need.
9. Murder, petty theft and tax evasion, for instance, all have different motives and consequences.
10. Teenage sex, for instance, may come not out of genuine desire but from a need to get love.
11. You cannot rely on her; for instance, she arrived an hour late for an important meeting yesterday.
12. North America provides the most striking instance of European settlement on a grand scale.
13. This is a classic instance of Dostoevsky's writing operating on two levels.
14. What would you do, for instance,[Sentence dictionary] if you found a member of staff stealing?
15. In the first instance your child will be seen by an ear, nose and throat specialist.
16. I cannot recall any other instance in modern times in which a huge and mighty state crumbled to dust.
17. Enquiries should be made in the first instance to the Human Resources Director.
18. This is an instance of his general attitude to his employees.
19. A change of mind in one instance does not necessarily signal a change in overall policy.
20. This instance shows how important it is to check that the machine is working properly before you use it.
21. Experts cite the country as an instance where human rights violations could lead to international intervention.
22. Further information is required to determine the correct answer in any given instance.
23. We need to rethink the way we consume energy. Take, for instance, our approach to transport.
24. The appointment of research officer will be for two years in the first instance.
25. It is not always helpful to draw analogies between sexism and racism, but in this instance it is useful.
26. Enquiries about the post should be addressed in the first instance to the personnel manager.
27. Several of his friends came: Ben, Carol and Mike, for instance.
28. I would normally suggest taking time off work, but in this instance I'm not sure that would do any good.
29. I don't usually side with the management, but in this instance I agree with what they're saying.
30. The system will handle not only telephone calls and data messages but other signals that need high bandwidth, for instance those that encode TV pictures.
More similar words: for instance, instant, instantly, stance, distance, substance, assistance, resistance, in the distance, circumstance, install, constant, pittance, installation, insurance, acceptance, of importance, in step, instinct, against, instruct, stand, instead of, instructor, instrument, mainstream, stand up, stand for, stand by, stand out.