Synonym: dedication, lettering. Similar words: description, prescription, circumscription, conscript, transcript, script, scripture, nondescript. Meaning: [ɪn'skrɪpʃn] n. 1. letters inscribed (especially words engraved or carved) on something 2. a short message (as in a book or musical work or on a photograph) dedicating it to someone or something 3. the activity of inscribing (especially carving or engraving) letters or words.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The monumental inscription is scarcely readable.
(2) The inscription was still legible.
(3) The medal bears the inscription "For distinguished service".
(4) The monument carries the inscription: "To the fallen in two world wars".
(5) The inscription has worn away and can no longer be read.
(6) Time and weather had long ago effaced the inscription on the monument.
(7) What does the inscription say?
(8) No one could penetrate the meaning of the inscription.
(9) The inscription reads: "To Emma(Sentencedict.com ), with love from Harry".
(10) There's an inscription in the front of the book.
(11) He chiselled an inscription on the marble.
(12) The ring bears an inscription.
(13) The gravestone bears an inscription.
(14) The inscription on the coin had worn away.
(15) The inscription bears the date 1655.
(16) There was an inscription carved over the doorway.
(17) The inscription on the stone tablet has been rubbed away by the hands of countless tourists over the centuries.
(18) The inscription was engraved in the stone of the memorial.
(19) The simple inscription on her grave reads: 'She sleeps in peace.
(20) A Latin inscription had been carved on the lid of the box.
(21) There was an inscription in Chinese characters over the arch.
(22) The tour guide pointed out the inscription that runs round the inside of the dome.
(23) She read the title and inscription.
(24) I never take a friend's book with inscription.
(25) But that coin with the inscription is absurd.
(26) He detected an inscription of Kleomenes on the figure's clothing, obscured by a dense network of incisions.
(27) The greatest Pharaonic inscription was defaced in antiquity; the disgraced Roman Third Legion had its name hacked away.
(28) Your wedding ring can be engraved with a personal inscription at no extra cost.
(29) She ducked her head to look more closely at the inscription.
(30) Of particular interest is the goldsmith's establishment recorded in an inscription from Norton near Malton.
More similar words: description, prescription, circumscription, conscript, transcript, script, scripture, nondescript, inscribe, inscribed, discrimination, transcribe, inscrutable, option, caption, eruption, inception, gumption, adoption, reception, exception, exemption, perception, deception, discretion, conception, encryption, redemption, assumption, absorption.