Synonym: band, company, fast, group, nimble, quick, rapid, swift. Similar words: flee, sleep, sleeve, rifle, go to sleep, flexible, meet, see to. Meaning: [flɪːt] n. 1. group of aircraft operating together under the same ownership 2. group of motor vehicles operating together under the same ownership 3. a group of steamships operating together under the same ownership 4. a group of warships organized as a tactical unit. v. 1. move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart 2. disappear gradually. adj. moving very fast.
Random good picture Not show
1. Fleet Street loves a good scandal.
2. The Dutch fleet is sailing up the Thames.
3. The British fleet sailed from Southampton early this morning.
4. The fishing fleet comprises around 70 boats.
5. He operated a small fishing fleet.
6. The Pacific Fleet got revictualled.
7. The company owns a fleet of cars.
8. The fleet is manoeuvring off the coast.
9. The fleet is - ring off the east coast.
10. The fleet is manoeuvring in combination with the air unit.
11. Nelson destroyed the Franco-Spanish fleet at the Battle of Trafalgar.
12. The Dutch fleet captured two English ships.
13. Atalanta was fleet of foot .
14. The fleet is manoeuvring in the Baltic.
15. A British fleet defeated the French at Trafalgar.
16. The ship sailed to join the fleet at Barbados.
16. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and create good sentences.
17. The fishing fleet is in harbour.
18. There were over 500 ships in the enemy fleet.
19. She was slight and fleet of foot/fleet-footed.
20. Our combined fleet has recently re-formed.
21. He was placed in command of the fleet.
22. The town supports a small fishing fleet.
23. The fleet is maneuvring off the east coast.
24. The fleet is very expensive to maintain.
25. The fleet is / are coming!
26. The Dutch fleet are sailing up the Thames.
27. He was the highest-paid sub-editor in Fleet Street.
28. The authorities fitted the explorers a fleet.
29. He owns a fleet of taxis.
30. A defector revealed the disposition of the enemy fleet.
More similar words: flee, sleep, sleeve, rifle, go to sleep, flexible, meet, see to, sheet, greet, reflection, street, see that, flexibility, agree to, meet with, meet up with.