Synonym: assimilation, concentration, engrossment, immersion, preoccupancy, preoccupation, soaking up. Similar words: absolution, absorb, absorbed, option, corporation, inception, adoption, deception. Meaning: [əb'sɔːpʃn] n. 1. (chemistry) a process in which one substance permeates another; a fluid permeates or is dissolved by a liquid or solid 2. (physics) the process in which incident radiated energy is retained without reflection or transmission on passing through a medium 3. the social process of absorbing one cultural group into harmony with another 4. the process of absorbing nutrients into the body after digestion 5. complete attention; intense mental effort 6. the mental state of being preoccupied by something.
Random good picture Not show
1. They work on a principle of heat absorption.
2. Complete absorption in sport will interfere with your studies.
3. I don't understand James' absorption with military history.
4. Vitamin C increases the absorption of iron from food.
5. Complete absorption in sports interfered with his studies.
6. His work suffered because of his total absorption in sport.
7. Vitamin D is necessary to aid the absorption of calcium from food.
8. Some poisonous gases can enter the body by absorption through the skin.
9. the release or absorption of quanta above a certain energy level.
10. Protective gloves reduce the absorption of chemicals through the skin.
11. A large net fluid absorption was then recorded.
12. The second difference was in intestinal absorption.
13. Glaze chemical composition also affects its absorption of light.
14. This reflects inhibition of the absorption of dietary fat.
15. Analysis was by atomic absorption spectrophotometry.
15. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
16. The Z-8200 series of atomic absorption spectrophotometers has been launched by Hitachi Scientific Instruments.
17. Both increased bone resorption and increased intestinal absorption of calcium occur.
18. The bureaucracy benefits disproportionately from the absorption by the state of pre-capitalist institutions, offices, powers and duties. 9.
19. Intestinal Calcium Absorption. Dietary calcium gains access to the organism mostly by transport in the small intestine.
20. This suggests a discrepancy in absorption in both the large and small bowel.
21. These findings are possibly explained by poor rectal absorption of N-acetyl-5ASA.
22. The emission or absorption of one particle by another corresponds to the dividing or joining together of strings.
23. The Aromatic Analyser replaces the current fluorescent indicator absorption methods.
24. Israel asked for a loan to help with the absorption of Soviet immigrants.
25. A rough calculation can, however, be made based on the rate of fluid absorption observed in the control rats.
26. There is no mention of environmentally important techniques as gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, atomic absorption spectrometry, etc.
27. The quantitative effects of the drugs were related to the rate of fluid secretion or absorption.
28. In the chronic therapy of hypercalcemia caused by increased bone resorption or increased intestinal calcium absorption glucocorticoids are effective.
29. It thus seems that a histologically normal intestine is a prerequisite for adequate carnitine absorption.
30. Fiver, as he listened, had shown a mixture of intense absorption and incredulous horror.
More similar words: absolution, absorb, absorbed, option, corporation, inception, adoption, deception, exception, reception, perception, conception, corruption, assumption, consumption, apperception, captivation, description, prescription, absolve, constitutional convention, bumptious, surreptitious, notion, motion, action, nation, edition, emotion, auction.