Synonym: alternative, choice, pick, selection. Similar words: adoption, perception, reception, exception, conception, corruption, assumption, description. Meaning: ['ɑpʃn /'ɒp-] n. 1. the right to buy or sell property at an agreed price; the right is purchased and if it is not exercised by a stated date the money is forfeited 2. one of a number of things from which only one can be chosen 3. the act of choosing or selecting.
Random good picture Not show
1. Going to college was not an option for me.
2. The former option favours the married man.
3. You have the option of taking your holiday early.
4. We have the option of going or not.
5. This option is preferable to any other.
6. Personally, I prefer the second option.
7. You have no option.
8. I had no option but to ask him to leave.
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
9. He was given one month's imprisonment without the option of a fine.
10. A savings plan that gives you the option to vary your monthly payments.
11. Students have the option of studying abroad in their second year.
12. Only a handful of firms offer share option schemes to all their employees.
13. The report concluded the cheapest option was to close the laboratory.
14. The best option would be to cancel the trip altogether.
15. To exit this option, press return.
16. Deciding on your best option is not easy.
17. This was not the only option open to him.
18. Choose the 'Cut' option from the Edit menu.
19. We have a 12-day option on the house.
20. We have an option on the house.
21. The former option would be much more sensible.
22. Select an option from the dialog box.
23. Another option is to rent somewhere for six months.
24. He was jailed without the option of a fine.
25. Is community service just a soft option for criminals?
26. We had no option but to abandon the meeting.
27. I had no option but to pretend ignorance.
28. You will have to pay them; you have no option.
29. When something bad happens(sentencedict.com), there's no point in wishing it had not happened. The only option is to minimise the damage.
30. He made a huge profit from the sale of shares purchased in January under the company's stock option program.
More similar words: adoption, perception, reception, exception, conception, corruption, assumption, description, consumption, prescription, optimistic, bumptious, notion, nation, action, motion, mention, fiction, section, question, auction, portion, edition, donation, zonation, abortion, addition, fraction, reaction, location.