Synonym: Einstein, brainiac, brainpower, encephalon, genius, head, learning ability, mastermind, mental capacity, mentality, mind, nous, psyche, wit. Similar words: drain, strain, trainer, raining, terrain, by train, grained, training. Meaning: [breɪn] n. 1. that part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher nervous centers; enclosed within the skull; continuous with the spinal cord 2. mental ability 3. that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason 4. someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality 5. the brain of certain animals used as meat. v. 1. hit on the head 2. kill by smashing someone's skull.
Random good picture Not show
3. We learnt about the structure of the brain today.
4. Heavy drinking can cause permanent damage to the brain.
5. He had a blood clot removed from his brain.
6. He died of a massive brain haemorrhage .
7. His brain was filled with vapors and dreams.
8. She suffers from a rare disease of the brain.
9. The brain needs a continuous supply of blood.
10. She died of a brain tumour.
11. The brain cells are inactive during sleep.
12. Once destroyed,[sentencedict.com] brain cells do not regenerate.
13. You've got a good brain.
14. Severe brain damage turned him into a vegetable.
15. The brain is the centre of the nervous system.
16. Amazingly, the bullet did not penetrate his brain.
17. I'll brain you if you don't keep quiet.
18. His brain was clouded by vapours and dreams.
19. The victim suffered severe brain damage.
20. He suffered severe brain damage after a motorbike accident.
21. Matthew was wrongly diagnosed as having a brain tumour.
22. The left brain controls the right-hand side of the body.
23. Norman's brain was reeling, but he did his best to appear calm.
24. Today the principal tools for prospecting the brain are electrical.
25. The brain is a part of the nervous system of the human body.
27. It is often stated that we use only 10 per cent of our brain.
28. He needed emergency surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain.
29. Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties. Jules Renard
30. The changing size of an infant's head is considered an index of brain growth.