Synonym: bear, guard, keep, possess, preserve, protect, retain, save, support, sustain, uphold. Antonym: abandon. Similar words: contain, in the main, container, maintenance, uncertainty, remain, domain, mainly. Meaning: [meɪn'teɪn] v. 1. keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., "keep clean" 2. keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction 3. supply with necessities and support 4. state categorically 5. have and exercise 6. maintain for use and service 7. maintain by writing regular records 8. state or assert 9. support against an opponent 10. observe correctly or closely.
Random good picture Not show
1. Vitamin C helps maintain healthy connective tissue.
2. We aim to maintain high standards of customer care.
3. She has managed to maintain her youthful appearance.
4. Whatever may betide, maintain your courage.
4. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
5. The fund was specified to maintain the ancient buildings.
6. It is clearly illogical to maintain such a proposition.
7. Germany and France pledged to maintain the differential between their two currencies.
8. The army has been brought in to maintain order in the region.
9. Only by keeping down costs will America maintain its competitive advantage over other countries.
10. He has occasional injections to maintain his good health but otherwise he lives a normal life.
11. We are anxious to maintain our close links with the police.
12. Quite a number of young people maintain that money is a passport to happiness.
13. Whatever betides,maintain your courage.
14. There are many people who wish to maintain the status quo.
15. Throughout life's complications, you should maintain such a sense of elegance.
16. They must do their best to maintain sales at their usual rate.
17. It is important to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
18. Careers Officers maintain contact with young people when they have left school.
19. Our first priority is to maintain the customer's confidence in our product.
20. The defendants in the libel case maintain that their allegations are true.
21. You will now maintain radio silence.
22. She managed to maintain a facade of bravery.
23. We must maintain friendly relations with them.
24. He is too poor to maintain his family.
25. Vast sums are needed to maintain the infrastructure.
26. They felt under no obligation to maintain their employees.
27. Big houses are expensive to maintain.
28. He has to maintain his wife and two children.
29. He is not only the speed, but also lies in whether we can continue; forward lies not only in speed, but also lies in whether we can maintain the correct direction.
30. Life is full of inevitable highs and lows. Don't complain, don't explain, just maintain.
More similar words: contain, in the main, container, maintenance, uncertainty, remain, domain, mainly, remaining, retain, obtain, mainstream, curtain, captain, sustain, certain, ain't, certainly, for certain, retaining, uncertain, faint, certainly not, sustainable, painter, paintwork, complaint, plaintiff, constraint, entertainment.