Synonym: author, break down, builder, collapse, creator, fail, fall, inventor, maker, originator, producer, sink, stumble, topple, tumble. Similar words: profound, under, under way, undergo, fall under, come under, understand, undermine. Meaning: ['faʊndə(r)] n. 1. inflammation of the laminated tissue that attaches the hoof to the foot of a horse 2. a person who founds or establishes some institution 3. a worker who makes metal castings. v. 1. fail utterly; collapse 2. sink below the surface 3. break down, literally or metaphorically 4. stumble and nearly fall.
Random good picture Not show
1. Mohammed was the founder of the Muslian religon.
2. Their marriage began to founder soon after the honeymoon.
3. The first safety razor was invented by company founder King C. Gillette in 1903.
4. He is the founder of International Sports Management Limited.
5. A pet may founder if fed improperly.
6. France is a founder member of the European Union.
7. Dr Hardy was a founder member of the club.
8. The aging founder of the university decided to abdicate.
9. With the death of its founder, the campaign lost much of its impetus.
10. He is a founder member of the Prison Reform Trust.
11. She was the founder of the company[sentencedict.com], and for forty years its guiding spirit.
12. She is the founder and managing director of the company.
13. Larry Madden, founder of a liturgical think tank.
14. ParcPlace founder Adele Goldberg shifts to chairman.
15. He is its founder, leader and patriarch.
16. The shares were previously held by the company's founder.
17. Registration required a minimum of 100 founder members.
18. His work as a leading founder member was invaluable.
19. She was also one of the founder members of a super pool of judges which brought more than 450 Mafia members to trial.
20. Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari, will serve as commissioner of the new league.
21. Screams erupted at a nearby hotel, where Microsoft founder Bill Gates was addressing an education and technology conference.
22. Its founder, Vehbi Alimucaj, holds a diplomatic passport, according to Western officials.
23. A New York jury brought criminal indictments against the founder of the organization.
23. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
24. The teacher training college put up a plaque to the college's founder.
25. The school has a memorial tablet engraved with the name of the founder.
26. I have always felt uneasy in being known as the founder of the regiment.
27. In this she can be considered to be the founder of district nursing.
28. Even those he tried to establish with office girls seemed to founder fairly rapidly.
29. He was a highly respected member of the panel of arbiters and was the founder chairman of the Kelso Agricultural Discussion Society.
30. It can be argued that Monsieur Guillotin was the true founder of democracy by eliminating class distinction in public executions.
More similar words: profound, under, under way, undergo, fall under, come under, understand, undermine, undertake, underlying, under control, undergraduate, round and round, wander, round, gender, render, tender, ground, around, offender, commander, compound, round off, all round, round up, reminder, defender, go around, surround.