Synonym: accept, adopt, clasp, clutch, comprise, contain, cover, enfold, grasp, hold, hug, include, involve, press, take up. Similar words: trace, face to face, brand, brake, brand new, branch, member, resemble. Meaning: [ɪm'breɪs] n. 1. the act of clasping another person in the arms (as in greeting or affection) 2. the state of taking in or encircling 3. a close affectionate and protective acceptance. v. 1. include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory 2. squeeze (someone) tightly in your arms, usually with fondness 3. take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own.
Random good picture Not show
(1) She saw them embrace on the station platform.
(2) I just want a warm embrace and nothing more.
(3) She gently released herself from his arms/embrace.
(4) Dear, you now and embrace who, say the familiar forever.
(5) They were locked in a passionate embrace on the station platform.
(6) They were locked in a passionate embrace.
(7) We hope these regions will embrace democratic reforms.
(8) The marriage signalled James's embrace of the Catholic faith.
(9) He managed to disengage himself from Martha's embrace.
(10) The President's assets embrace $ 600,000.
(11) John gently disengaged himself from his sister's tearful embrace.
(12) Closing her eyes, she melted into his embrace.
(13) He enfolded the child in an affectionate embrace.
(14) He managed to free himself from her embrace.
(15) Many people are unwilling to embrace new technologies.
(16) This was an opportunity that he would embrace.
(17) She detached herself from his embrace.
(18) The monarchy was notoriously reluctant to embrace change.
(19) He leant over to embrace the child.
(20) He held her tightly in his embrace.
(21) He held her in a warm embrace.
(22) He released her from his embrace.
(23) He drew her into his embrace.
(24) They held each other in a tender embrace.
(25) He opened his arms wide to embrace her.
(26) Sally found it difficult to disengage herself from his embrace.
(27) Someone makes me comfortable, so I want to rely on him; while another one makes me feel lonely(Sentencedict), so I want to embrace him.
(28) No matter what age, the characteristics of young people always embrace the ideals and illusions. This is not anything wrong, but a valuable quality.
(29) If the whole world betrayed you, at least your mother will not give up. Still remember childhood mother's embrace is the most beautiful paradise.
(30) I want to spend the rest of my life,to embrace the beauty of nature.