Synonym: follow, go after, heel, hunt, line, path, pursue, road, run down, shadow, tag along, tail, trace, track. Similar words: trailer, rail, railroad, trait, strain, trainer, by train, portrait. Meaning: [treɪl] n. 1. a track or mark left by something that has passed 2. a path or track roughly blazed through wild or hilly country 3. evidence pointing to a possible solution. v. 1. to lag or linger behind 2. go after with the intent to catch 3. move, proceed, or walk draggingly or slowly 4. hang down so as to drag along the ground 5. drag loosely along a surface; allow to sweep the ground.
Random good picture Not show
1. The carriage left a trail of dust.
2. The hurricane left a trail of destruction behind it.
3. In 1967 she hit the hippy trail to India.
4. Ants follow a scent trail laid down previously.
5. The trail wends its way through leafy woodland and sunny meadows.
6. The hurricane left a a trail of destruction behind it.
7. The crowd began to trail away when the speaker continued for over an hour.
8. The dogs are specially trained to follow the trail left by the fox.
9. The winding trail caused the hikers to lose their orientation.
10. The hound found the trail of the rabbit.
11. They climbed along the tortuous mountain trail.
12. He left a trail of muddy footprints behind him.
13. Criminals are very reluctant to leave a paper trail.
14. This restaurant is off the tourist trail.
15. The puppy left a trail of destruction behind it.
16. He let his fingers trail in the water.
17. The trail had gone cold.
18. Fortunately the trail was still warm .
19. The army left a trail of destruction behind them.
19. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
20. Orville and Wilbur Wright were aviation trail blazers.
21. The hounds were following the fox's trail.
22. The road pinched down to a trail.
23. Elvis Presley blazed a trail in pop music.
24. The tornado left a trail of destruction behind it.
25. The trail was a long-drawn-out affair.
26. The typhoon left a trail of devastation.
27. The town is off the usual tourist trail.
28. The storm left behind it a trail of devastation.
29. Snails and slugs leave a trail of slime.
30. The police were hot on his trail.