Synonym: convolution, maelstrom, swirl, whirl, whirlpool. Similar words: shorten, reporter, supporter, postmortem, reportedly, text, favor, context. Meaning: ['vɔrteks /'vɔː-] n. 1. the shape of something rotating rapidly 2. a powerful circular current of water (usually the result of conflicting tides).
Random good picture Not show
(1) The polar vortex is a system of wintertime winds.
(2) I was sucked into a vortex of despair.
(3) They were both caught up in a whirling vortex of emotion.
(4) Earlier migrants were drawn into the vortex as well.
(5) Invitro gastric antral biopsies were stimulated by vortex mixing and eicosanoid measurements determined by radioimmunoassay.
(6) His statements helped calm the vortex of emotions surrounding the case.
(7) Isolated houses occasionally disappear, engulfed by the vortex of quarries.
(8) An interesting feature of the transition process is vortex pairing, seen in Fig. 18.10.
(9) As the creation of the vortex began, the seas churned and a terrible wind blew from the north.
(10) The vortex had tightened into a spiral that was winding tighter and tighter.
(11) But the vortex fills as he nears its inner circle.
(12) Please leave any bad vibes outside the healing vortex.
(13) Of, relating to, or moving in a vortex; whirling.
(14) Splashdown, sucked into a vortex. No capes!
(15) Let us imagine the primordial din, the original vortex!
(16) Furthemore, choroidal vortex vein dilation and leakage were noticed in 7 eyes.
(17) When marriages break down children are swept into the vortex of their parents' embittered emotions.
(18) This increases the magnitude of the vorticity(http://Sentencedict.com), but because of continuity also reduces the cross-section of the vortex tube.
(19) The sudden scalding pain, unexpected and acute, thrust him into a vortex of uncontrollable rage.
(20) They were going to undo the spells that held together the vortex and bring back Chaos to the world.
(21) Tossed and buffeted for six hours, and caught in an eddy in the vortex, she died of suffocation.
(22) In each half of the wake the eddy consists of two parallel vortex tubes of opposite sense.
(23) As a result of the Witch King's interference with the Vortex much of northern Ulthuan is sunk.
(24) Vortex missile ... ... creates a whirlpool of seething energy ... ... our only vortex missile.
(25) Walter G.. Campbell decided to take a borrowed rowboat through the Whirlpool Rapids and into the vortex itself.
(26) There is nothing corresponding to a thermostat in a stable physical system such as a vortex.
(27) Why should we think that metabolism is controlled, but not the vortex?
(28) We focus on the focal properties including the intensity and the partially coherent and polarized properties of such partially coherent vortex beams through a high numerical aperture objective.
(29) In this paper, firstly, relations of first two harmonic induced velocities to the lower and same-order harmonic circulations are obtained from the generalized classical vortex theory of the rotor.
(30) The bank's widely respected head of research in China, Stephen Green, says a "hot-money vortex" is forming that could be capable of ravaging China's economy.
More similar words: shorten, reporter, supporter, postmortem, reportedly, text, favor, context, texture, flavor, textbook, survivor, favorite, favorable, starter, quarter, charter, repartee, courteous, inadvertent, quarterback, headquarters, kindergarten, inadvertently, port, north, short, northern, worth, effort.