Similar words: depart, reparation, departure, depart from, take part in, repair, reporter, reportedly. Meaning: [‚repɑr'teɪ /‚repɑː'tɪː] n. adroitness and cleverness in reply.
Random good picture Not show
1. This diplomat possessed an excellent gift for repartee.
2. He was acclaimed for his acerbic wit and repartee.
3. Oscar Wilde's plays are full of witty repartee.
4. She engaged him in witty repartee.
5. The repartee flew back and forth across the dinner table.
6. She was good at repartee.
7. The scenes between the sons, all witty repartee, came close to a spoof of stagey theatrical speech.
8. And so in pleasant jest and repartee a short time was passed.
9. You will get credit for the quick-thinking repartee of your one success.
10. She is good at repartee.
11. He is proficient at repartee.
12. Repartee is what you wish you'd say.
13. I enjoy listening to their witty repartee.
14. James Boswell admired Samuel Johnson's power of repartee.
15. Thank you for today's repartee . I have enjoyed it.
16. Meanwhile, the local society's repartee was weak, its existing space was increasingly narrowed, and it was at an unfavorable position in wrestling with state's interest.
17. When a designer repartee a file for display, it can use this interface to improve performance.
18. If the post - match repartee sparkled, it was more than could be said for the game itself.
19. He is very sharp, a quick thinker and swift with repartee.
20. Jim and I laughed; it was one of their standard bits of repartee.
21. But, like Ken, she had a devastating wit and the repartee between them was a joy to listen to.
22. They did not get their photographs signed, but they have had an exchange, a smidgen of repartee with a star.
23. She didn't want him to have a hurt heart that he hid with bitter repartee.
24. The only thing he had in common with Cherry Morello, his stage persona, was a mega-mouth of repartee.
25. Once my status is ascertained, the conversation quickly reverts to repartee.
26. An online petition against his chauvinistic quips and saloon bar repartee has attracted the signatures of more than 100, 000 Italian women.
26. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and create good sentences.
27. He was a brilliant debater and his gift of repartee was celebrated.
28. But you always get a smile and some witty repartee from him that provides an uplift.
29. In the age of the TV sitcom , witty New York repartee and the instant one-liner, Western wisdom in the modern sense can mean something more like the dialogue from an American sitcom.
More similar words: depart, reparation, departure, depart from, take part in, repair, reporter, reportedly, starter, quarter, charter, separation, quarterback, part, headquarters, party, partly, in part, partial, partner, partially, set apart, particle, apart from, apartment, take apart, particular, partnership, participant, counterpart.