Similar words: flamboyant, akimbo, symbol, embody, book, boom, boot, symbolic. Meaning: [bæm'buː] n. 1. the hard woody stems of bamboo plants; used in construction and crafts and fishing poles 2. woody tropical grass having hollow woody stems; mature canes used for construction and furniture.
Random good picture Not show
1. Bamboo is a sort of hollow plant.
2. This chair is made of bamboo.
3. The bamboo shoots in spring crop out after rain.
4. Bamboo produces an annual crop of cane.
5. The bamboo is hollow.
6. The bamboo stick warped in water.
7. He staked his tomato vines with bamboo.
8. Bamboo is a very vigorous grower.
9. Each bamboo house was surrounded by a thriving orchard.
10. The panda's natural habitat is the bamboo forest.
11. Sadly,(sentencedict.com) bamboo plants die after flowering.
12. Use bamboo canes to support tomato plants.
13. Pass me a bamboo rod.
14. She sometimes uses a bamboo as a stick.
15. A panda lives on bamboo leaves.
16. The piece of bamboo makes a musical sound.
17. Bamboo is the panda's staple diet.
18. The cord has been extended between two bamboo poles.
19. The bamboo shoots are pushing through after the spring rain.
20. The bamboo whipped back and hit me in the face.
21. It is well known that bamboo shoots are a panda's staple diet.
22. Fry bamboo shoots for 2 minutes.
23. I have a tin roof instead of bamboo.
24. So, why are pandas reliant on bamboo?
25. Today a wind rattles the stalks of bamboo.
26. The same was true of our bamboo raft.
27. But the bamboo raft ploughed forward smoothly.
28. The boat races during the Dragon Boat Festival are traditional customs to attempts to rescue the patriotic poet Chu Yuan. Chu Yuan drowned on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month in 277 B.C. Chinese citizens now throw bamboo leaves filled with cooked rice into the water. Therefore the fish could eat the rice rather than the hero poet. This later on turned into the custom of eating tzungtzu and rice dumplings.
29. All kinds of birds are calling to one another in the bamboo forest.
30. He made her a toy horse, using just some straw and bamboo twigs.