Antonym: southern. Similar words: north, worth, worthy, come forth, call forth, northeast, set forth, be worth. Meaning: ['ɔrðərn /'nɔːðn] n. a dialect of Middle English that developed into Scottish Lallans. adj. 1. in or characteristic of a region of the United States north of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line 2. situated in or oriented toward the north 3. coming from the north; used especially of wind 4. situated in or coming from regions of the north.
Random good picture Not show
1. She has traveled in most northern countries.
2. The U.K. consists of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
3. The birds breed in northern latitudes.
4. There are reports of widespread flooding in northern France.
5. The park is in the northern part of the city.
6. The northern end of the island juts out like a long(sentencedict.com), thin finger into the sea.
7. In parts of Northern France, farmers still plough up shell fragments and weapons.
8. The United Kingdom consists of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
9. We took a bus to the northern tip of the island.
10. He was born in a small village in northern Spain.
11. A prisoner has escaped from a jail in northern England.
12. The ozone layer is disappearing over northern Europe.
13. Unemployment in Northern Ireland is twice the national average.
14. Rioting has flared up in several northern towns.
15. They secretly entered into collusion with the northern warlords.
16. He had a pleasant, lilting northern accent.
17. The allies lost their hold on northern France.
18. Joshua Halpern is a native Northern Californian.
19. England's northern neighbour now has its own parliament.
20. He worked undercover in Germany and Northern Ireland.
21. What are your views on the Northern Irish question?
22. She has travelled in northern countries.
23. Government troops have massed on the northern border.
24. The team joined the Northern League last year.
25. The northern side of the mountain is almost vertical.
26. The poem is written in northern dialect.
27. She never ceased to admire the stoical courage of those in Northern Ireland.
28. Nowhere could you find a better route map of the troubles of Northern Ireland than in the articles of The Independent's David McKittrick.
29. Elsewhere is largely dry with sunny spells and just a scattering of light showers, but becoming cloudier in Northern Ireland towards evening.
30. A group of rebels overran the port area and most of the northern suburbs.
More similar words: north, worth, worthy, come forth, call forth, northeast, set forth, be worth, for the rest, for the best, northwest, and so forth, back and forth, for the sake of, for the future, for the moment, for the present, for the time being, southern, eastern, governor, western, pattern, concern, internal, Internet, external, overnight, government, wilderness.