(1) A fool always comes short
of his reckoning.
(2) From short pleasure long repentance.
(3) Art is long, life is short
(4) Art is long, but lift is short
(5) Cut short
the nonsense and return to one's muttons.
(6) Sweet discourse makes short
days and nights.
(7) Lies have short [no] legs.
is my date, but deathless my renown.
(9) Short accounts make long friends.
(10) Scantiness of modesty is short
(11) Proverbs are short
sentences drawn from long experience.
(12) Knowledge is long, life is short
(13) Anger is a short madness.
(14) The day is short
but the work is much.
(15) Life is short
and time is fleeting.
(16) Wrong laws make short governance.
(17) Sharp stomachs make short graces.
(18) The time of life is short
; to spend that shortness basely, it would be too long.
(19) Life is not so short
but there is time enougn for courtesy.
(20) The wise man has long ears and a short
(21) Short pleasure, long lament.
(22) Lies have short legs.
(23) A long tongue is a sign of a short
(24) Short acquaintance brings repentance.
(25) She gave three short hoots on the car horn.
(26) My money came short of the necessary sum.
(27) Life's too short to be anything but happy.
(28) Life's too short to worry about money!
(29) Her short hairstyle is very becoming.
(30) I want to bring out the secrets of nature and apply them for the happiness of man. I don't know of any better service to offer for the short
time we are in the world.