Synonym: elder, older. Antonym: junior. Similar words: junior, onion, union, companion, denial, even if, lenient, opening. Meaning: ['sɪːnɪə(r)] n. 1. an undergraduate student during the year preceding graduation 2. a person who is older than you are. adj. 1. older; higher in rank; longer in length of tenure or service 2. used of the fourth and final year in United States high school or college 3. advanced in years; (`aged' is pronounced as two syllables).
Random good picture Not show
1. The interrogation was conducted by senior police officers.
2. He is ten years senior to me.
3. He led a military mutiny against the senior generals.
4. Many senior citizens have been though two world wars.
5. He passed himself off as a senior psychologist.
6. Junior nurses usually work alongside more senior nurses.
7. She teaches a senior class.
8. He is senior to me.
9. Police are investigating allegations of corruption involving senior executives.
10. I have ten years' experience at senior management level.
11. The president was flanked by senior ministers.
12. She is unfit for such a senior position.
13. Access to the papers is restricted to senior management.
14. He reached his present senior position through sheer merit.
14. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
15. She wasn't senior enough to take such a decision.
16. The heroine is a senior TV executive.
17. Senior Conservatives are opposed to the change.
18. She is a senior patient.
19. Criticism has been levelled at senior figures in the industry.
20. She is now a senior executive having worked her way up through the company.
21. These events led to the expulsion of senior diplomats from the country.
22. Senior officers could be considering a coup to restore authoritarian rule.
23. Senior managers stipulated work-life balance as their main criterion when choosing jobs.
24. Following reports of drug-taking at a boarding-school, several senior boys have been expelled.
25. Senior officials will be discussing how the volume of sales might be reduced.
26. The senior leaders lined up behind him in orderly rows.
27. This year we have seen the retirements of several senior personnel.
28. I think I overrated him; he can't handle a senior job.
29. Have you heard that Smith passed for the key senior middle school?
30. In her current role she broke through the glass ceiling as the first woman to reach senior management level in the company.