Synonym: Allium cepa, onion plant. Similar words: union, companion, senior, junior, laconic, monitor, chronic, colonial. Meaning: ['ʌnjən] n. 1. edible bulb of an onion plant 2. bulbous plant having hollow leaves cultivated worldwide for its rounded edible bulb 3. an aromatic flavorful bulb.
Random good picture Not show
1. Add the onion and cook for three minutes.
2. The soup has a savour of onion.
3. The soup has a savor of onion.
4. There is too much onion in the soup.
5. Mince the meat up with some onion and garlic.
6. Life is like an onion; you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
7. If you salt the vegetables with a little onion salt, they will taste better.
8. As you peel away the onion skin,you will find another skin underneath.
9. Cut the onion into paper-thin slices.
10. Peel the onion and cut it in half lengthwise.
11. Fry the onion and garlic for about two minutes.
12. Chop an onion and stir it into the sauce.
13. Place a whole onion inside the chicken.
14. Chop up the onion into small pieces.
15. Cook until the onion softens.
16. Lightly brown the onion before adding the tomatoes.
17. Slice the onion in two.
18. There is too much onion in the salad.
19. Peel and thinly slice the onion.
20. When the oil is hot[sentencedict.com], add the sliced onion.
21. Let's prick the onion plant out.
22. Garnish with a little chopped spring onion.
23. Add the onion and cook gently for about 5 minutes.
24. Fry the chopped onion and crushed garlic for 3 minutes.
25. Combine the stock, whole onion and peppercorns in a pan and bring to a simmer.
26. Spread the onion slices on the bottom of the dish.
27. Mix the meat with the onion, carrot, and some seasoning.
28. Fry for about 4 minutes, until the onion has softened.
28. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
29. I always fry potatoes in hot fat with a bit of onion.
30. It is made with fresh minced meat, cooked with onion and a rich tomato sauce.