Synonym: act, ceremony, exercise, gathering, operate, perform, rite, ritual, serve, service, work. Similar words: functional, and function, malfunction, sanction, distinction, action, section, auction. Meaning: ['fʌŋkʃn] n. 1. a mathematical relation such that each element of one set is associated with at least one element of another set 2. what something is used for 3. the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group 4. a relation such that one thing is dependent on another 5. a formal or official social gathering or ceremony 6. a vaguely specified social event 7. a set sequence of steps, part of larger computer program. v. 1. perform as expected when applied 2. serve a purpose, role, or function 3. perform duties attached to a particular office or place or function.
Random good picture Not show
2. The heart performs a vital bodily function.
3. The function of bones is to give rigidity.
4. This design aims for harmony of form and function.
5. We must function as one mind and one body.
6. His remarks highlighted his own function.
7. The company's main function is to maximize profit.
8. The machine doesn't function.
9. The function of the veins is to carry blood to the heart.
10. Should the function of children's television be to entertain or to enlighten?
11. The proper function of man is to live,but not to exist.
12. The function of the stomach is to digest food sufficiently to enable it to pass into the intestine.
13. The function of the heart is to pump blood through the body.
14. His function as a Mayor affords him the leverage to get things done through attending committee meetings.
14. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
15. The committee has a dual function, both advisory and regulatory.
16. Just hit the F5 function key to send and receive your e-mails.
17. Salary is a function of age and experience.
18. The machine tool does not function properly.
19. Some English adverbs function as adjectives.
20. Breathing is an automatic function of the body.
21. A flat electroencephalogram indicates a loss of brain function.
22. The church fulfils a valuable social function.
23. x is a function of y.
24. This function allows you to cut and paste text.
25. You can't function properly when you're deprived of sleep.
26. A thermostat performs the function of controlling temperature.
27. Her legs have now ceased to function .
28. Painstaking effort, three words, a name, a hard, a called function, must keep up your spirits, work hard.
29. An imbalance in certain chemicals leads to disturbances in the brain's function.
30. Toward a day finally to achieve the ultimate goal of moving enough, but every step as the goal, to make it as a step function.
More similar words: functional, and function, malfunction, sanction, distinction, action, section, auction, fiction, renunciation, reaction, reduction, election, fraction, selection, infection, objection, production, conviction, protection, attraction, collection, projection, reflection, take action, inspection, prediction, connection, practitioner, interaction.