Synonym: allot, broaden, contribute, donate, enlarge, expand, furnish, give, grant, increase, lengthen, magnify, present, provide, reach out, stretch, supply. Antonym: contract, shrink. Similar words: extended, extent, extensive, extension, to some extent, external, attend, tender. Meaning: [ɪk'stend] v. 1. extend in scope or range or area 2. stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point 3. span an interval of distance, space or time 4. make available; provide 5. thrust or extend out 6. reach outward in space 7. offer verbally 8. extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body 9. expand the influence of 10. lengthen in time; cause to be or last longer 11. extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length 12. cause to move at full gallop 13. open or straighten out; unbend 14. use to the utmost; exert vigorously or to full capacity 15. prolong the time allowed for payment of 16. continue or extend 17. increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance.
Random good picture Not show
1. The caves extend for some 18 kilo-metres.
2. The examinations extend over two weeks.
3. Theoretically, a line can extend into infinity.
4. Can you extend your visit a few days longer?
5. There are plans to extend the no-smoking area.
6. Her visit will extend from Monday to Thursday.
7. Management have agreed to extend the deadline.
8. I want to extend my personal.
9. We are very happy to extend to you our utmost congratulations on your finishing your college course so successfully.May you enter a more successful life and the future years bring you continued happiness.
10. I extend my best wishes for your career. As a HR expert, your guidance will help the team in America. They have got the right person for the position. Wish you a smooth sailing ahead and a path full of joy, May all your dreams come true in the future!
11. An actor has to build a character and extend his own emotional repertoire.
12. Please extend my wishes of good luck to your family.
13. We shall do whatever we can to extend our service.
14. Next year we will greatly extend the range of goods that we sell.
15. The bank will extend you credit.
16. We plan to extend the kitchen by six feet.
17. Plans to extend the hotel have now been passed.
18. The company plans to extend its operations into Europe.
19. The bank refused to extend credit to them .
19. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
20. My duties at the school extend beyond just teaching.
21. Some of our courses extend over two years.
22. The bank has promised to extend your company credit.
23. She feels that her job doesn't extend her enough.
24. We can extend our insurance cover to travel abroad.
25. The offer does not extend to employees' partners.
26. We're asking them to extend the deadline.
27. The regulations do not extend to pupils.
28. May an old friend express his pride in your accomplishment and extend to you a wish for your continued success and happiness.
29. Allow me to congratulate you on the arrival of the New Year and to extend to you all my best wishes for your perfect health and lasting prosperity.
30. On the occasion of the New Year, may my wife and I extend to you and yours our warmest greetings, wishing you a happy New Year, your career greater success and your family happiness.