Synonym: brush, complication, embarrassment, grate, graze, mess, muddle, pinch, plight, predicament, rub, skim, strait, trouble. Similar words: scrape out, scrap, rape, grape, trapezoid, grapefruit, scrawl, scratch. Meaning: [skreɪp] n. 1. a harsh noise made by scraping 2. an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off 3. a deep bow with the foot drawn backwards (indicating excessive humility) 4. an indication of damage. v. 1. scratch repeatedly 2. make by scraping 3. cut the surface of; wear away the surface of 4. bend the knees and bow in a servile manner 5. gather (money or other resources) together over time 6. bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of.
Random good picture Not show
1. They only just managed to scrape the money together.
2. Scrape the mud off your shoes with this knife.
3. Scrape the carrots and slice them thinly.
4. I'll have to scrape together some money for a sight-seeing trip.
5. The scrape of metal on metal sent up a shower of sparks .
6. Scrape off all the loose flakes of paint before redecorating.
7. We'll have to scrape the snow off the car before we go out in it.
8. We don't have much money but we scrape along somehow.
9. Don't scrape your chairs on the floor.
10. Don't scrape your feet on the floor.
11. I might scrape through the exam if I'm lucky.
12. He managed to scrape through his exam with 52%.
13. I hate the scrape of chalk on a blackboard.
14. Can you scrape up enough money for a holiday?
15. I managed to scrape through the exam.
16. We can scrape along without asking for subsidies.
17. We managed to scrape together eight volunteers.
18. She felt the scrape of wall against bare skin.
19. The Tories may scrape home, but it's unlikely.
20. We managed to scrape an audience of fifty people.
21. He pushed back his chair with a loud scrape.
22. He heard the scrape of chairs being dragged across the floor.
23. If we can get a draw, we might scrape through.
24. Do you think we can scrape up a team for the match on Saturday?
25. I can just scrape by on what my parents give me.
26. Scrape off all the meat juices stuck to the bottom of the pan.
27. I was trying to scrape the mud off my boots.
27. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
28. They could hardly scrape up enough money for the train fare.
29. He lost his job, so the family had to scrape along on $ 95 a week.
30. They were so close together that I don't know how it was able to scrape through.