Synonym: blighter, cuss, pest, pesterer. Similar words: gadget, brigade, fly, head for, dreadful, headfirst, briefly, butterfly. Meaning: n. 1. a persistently annoying person 2. any of various large flies that annoy livestock.
Random good picture Not show
(1) He was a political gadfly, turning up at city council meetings and complaining about the waste of taxpayers' money.
(2) Which had not included Rory, the gadfly son.
(3) Hirschfield, a wealthy political gadfly, spoke at the conference.
(4) A gadfly, a maverick, a treasured pain in the posterior.
(5) Since Gadfly readers know his fondness for public transport perhaps there will be a substantial saving when it happens.
(6) Ethel Lilian Voynich published Gadfly in 1904.
(7) After 13 years(sentencedict.com/gadfly.html), an ugly man called Gadfly returned to Italy.
(8) Egypt is a beautiful heifer; A gadfly from the north has come on her.
(9) The Gadfly was written by Irish authoress Ethel Lilian Voynich and published in England in 1897.
(10) Maybe Arthur had been a truly gadfly, flying happily in the sky.
(11) Gemma thought Gadfly was Arthur, but she could not make sure.
(12) Egypt a beautiful heifer, but a gadfly is coming against her from the north.
(13) Egypt is a beautiful heifer, but a gadfly is coming against her from the north.
(14) One guy said he'd like to be a gadfly, like Socrates.
(15) DiLorenzo's subject was the filmmaker and liberal gadfly Michael Moore.
(16) Hostetler not only had a nice stats day, he turned up the heat in his role of team gadfly.
(17) We wish it to be known that the mosquito is no relation to the Gadfly.
(18) It still remains to be seen whether Buchanan will be just a gadfly or a real threat to the president.
(19) She'd been there 30 years but was still a gadfly. I loved that.
(20) Bravery, selfishness, and endurance are the characters which can be found easily on the Gadfly.
(21) At first only one newspaper, Hankyoreh, regarded as a provocative gadfly, dared print them.