Synonym: fasten, rotate, tighten, turn, twist. Antonym: unscrew. Similar words: crew, scream, screen, screening, interfere with, script, scratch, describe. Meaning: [skruː] n. 1. someone who guards prisoners 2. a simple machine of the inclined-plane type consisting of a spirally threaded cylindrical rod that engages with a similarly threaded hole 3. a propeller with several angled blades that rotates to push against water or air 4. a fastener with a tapered threaded shank and a slotted head 5. slang for sexual intercourse. v. 1. have sexual intercourse with 2. turn like a screw 3. cause to penetrate, as with a circular motion 4. tighten or fasten by means of screwing motions 5. defeat someone in an expectation through trickery or deceit.
Random good picture Not show
1. Why don't we screw a handle on the door?
2. Turn the screw to the right to tighten it.
3. Can you screw up this handle for me?
4. The screw was so tight that it wouldn't move.
5. The bottle has a screw cap.
6. Screw the drain cover down tightly.
7. The screw has come loose.
8. I can't get the screw to turn.
9. He gave it another screw and the lid was tightly on.
10. Give it another screw to make sure the lid doesn't come off while we're travelling.
11. A carpenter's tools include saws, hammers, and screw - drivers.
12. He's a really good screw.
13. Close your eyes and screw them up tight.
14. He managed to work the screw on.
15. We'll have to screw a hook into the wall.
16. A screw had worked loose from the door handle.
17. Screw these two pieces together.
18. Don't screw it up this time.
19. How much did they screw you for ?
20. Will you tighten this screw; it's very loose.
21. Screw down the lid fairly tightly.
22. The screw had worked loose.
23. I gave the screw another two or three turns.
24. The steel rods screw together.
25. She tried to screw him out of his winnings.
26. We'll screw every last penny out of him.
27. Screw this piece of wood to the wall.
28. Screw the foil into a little ball.
29. You'd better not screw up this time.
30. The nut isn't tight enough yet: give it another screw.
More similar words: crew, scream, screen, screening, interfere with, script, scratch, describe, scramble, subscriber, description, prescription, sacred, create, discrimination, concrete, decrepit, creature, in secret, increased, on credit, creating, decrease, credulous, secretary, increasing, incredible, incredibly, increasingly, credibility.