Synonym: adore, appreciate, award, cherish, dear, hold, idolize, respect, revere, reward, treasure, value, worship. Similar words: first prize, authorize, characterize, horizon, size up, realize, citizen, utilize. Meaning: [praɪz] n. 1. something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery 2. goods or money obtained illegally 3. something given as a token of victory. v. 1. hold dear 2. to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open 3. regard highly; think much of. adj. of superior grade.
Random good picture Not show
(2) She won first prize in the 100 metres race.
(3) To our great surprise, he won the prize.
(4) He's been unbearable since he won that prize. Sentencedict.com
(5) I won ￡400 in prize money.
(6) His picture of cows won a prize.
(7) My sister won first prize for her singing.
(8) She and I are rivals for the swimming prize.
(9) He won first prize in the woodwind section.
(10) The clever girl bore off the first prize.
(11) We anticipated her winning first prize.
(12) It was thought appropriate to award her the prize.
(13) Win a car in our grand prize draw!
(14) She was awarded the Nobel Peace prize.
(15) Our team will try for the first prize.
(16) They coped with each other for the prize.
(17) I prize my library above my kingdom.
(18) He was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature.
(19) She flushed with pleasure as she accepted the prize.
(20) She won first prize in the competition.
(21) Winning the prize carries immense prestige.
(22) The prize was split between Susan and Kate.
(23) I certainly don't begrudge him the Nobel Prize.
(24) He held up the prize in triumph.
(25) Carlos was awarded first prize in the essay competition.
(26) The first prize is a return flight to Delhi.
(27) He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
(28) Davies was on the shortlist for the Booker Prize.
(29) She competed with her rival for a prize.
More similar words: first prize, authorize, characterize, horizon, size up, realize, citizen, utilize, minimize, organize, emphasize, print, price, prime, prior, criticize, organized, apologize, priest, specialize, demoralize, jeopardize, comprise, prior to, prisoner, primary, privacy, citizenship, spring up, principal.