Synonym: control, have, hold, maintain, occupy, own. Similar words: assess, obsessed, assessment, sunglasses, colosseum, engrossed, session, possible. Meaning: [pə'zes] v. 1. have as an attribute, knowledge, or skill 2. have ownership or possession of 3. enter into and control, as of emotions or ideas.
Random good picture Not show
(2) Mercury was believed to possess magical properties.
(3) We possess ten acres of plow.
(4) I'm afraid this is the only suitcase I possess.
(5) Different workers possess different skills.
(6) Not all of us possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do.
(7) Belgium was the first European country to possess a fully-fledged rail network.
(8) The analysis of what kind of temperament you possess is vital.
(9) We possess ten acres of plough.
(10) She pretends to various abilities she doesn't possess.
(11) They possess property all over the world.
(12) The proletariat must possess the truth of Marxism.
(13) Vowels possess greater sonority than consonants.
(14) What attributes should a good manager possess?
(15) Hothouse plants do not possess exuberant vitality.
(16) Revolutionaries should possess the noble qualities of the proletariat.
(17) I'm afraid he doesn't possess a sense of humour.
(18) He is said to possess a fortune of more than two-and-a-half-thousand million dollars.
(19) The students possess the conviction that they can make a difference to their community.
(20) Students need to possess certain basic skills by the time they finish school.
(21) Does he possess the necessary patience and tact to do the job well?
(22) Possess yourself in patience until I tell you the good news.
(23) The country did not possess the modern guns to equip the reserve army properly.
(24) Insects possess a biological clock that programmes the insect's growth(sentencedict.com/possess.html),reproduction and dormant periods.
(25) She pretends to various abilities she doesn't, in fact, possess.
(26) You see this water carefully contained on my hand? It symbolizes Love. As long as you keep your hand curly open and allow it to remain there, it will always be there. However, if you attempt to close your fingers around it and try to possess it, it will spill through the first cracks it finds. This is the greatest mistake that people do when they meet love. They try to posses it, they demand, they expect and just like the water spilling out of your hand, love will retrieve from you.
(27) In the past the root of this plant was thought to possess magical powers which could cure baldness.
(28) In case both parties agree to let the alienator continuously possess the chattel when the real right of a chattel is alienated, the real right shall go into effect upon the effectiveness of the agreement.
(29) She had endowed Marcus with the qualities she wanted him to possess.
(30) He credited her with a maturity she did not possess.
More similar words: assess, obsessed, assessment, sunglasses, colosseum, engrossed, session, possible, impossible, impossibly, possibility, vessel, dressed, dessert, essence, finesse, stressed, as soon as possible, essential, addressed, depressed, essentially, blood vessel, essentiality, tactlessness, closest, analyses, parentheses, diagnoses, toss.