Similar words: curious, various, imperious, delirious, mysterious, laboriously, hubris, envious. Meaning: [luː'guːbrɪəs] adj. excessively mournful.
Random good picture Not show
1. Why are you looking so lugubrious?
2. People ate lugubrious meals around the waterfalls, their faces green with marine sorrow.
3. He remembered the merchant, long, lanky, and lugubrious of countenance.
4. Their host was a huge, lugubrious man, who reminded Graham of Demis Roussos.
5. James was in lugubrious mood.
6. That long, lugubrious howl rose on the night air again!
7. The whole effect was hideous, petty , lugubrious, and narrow.
8. At times he talked to himself, and stammered lugubrious monologues in a low voice.
9. He had a long lugubrious face with drooping and soft pouches beneath the eyes.
10. He had a long lugubrious face with drooping jowls and soft pouches beneath the eyes.
11. After the earthquake,[http://sentencedict.com] the city is full of lugubrious faces.
12. This ingredient does not invite or generally produce lugubrious lamentation.
13. Roguet had set the lugubrious example of threatening with death any French grenadier who should bring him a Prussian prisoner.
14. He plays some passages so slowly that they become lugubrious.
15. He only existed in relation to Ryder's, and by extension Waugh's, lugubrious loathing for what the future held.
16. McNab's head was lowered and he seemed to be pondering in a lugubrious sort of way.
17. After a few minutes the door opened and a young, lugubrious face looked out.
18. The Rectory drive was dank and dripping between its lugubrious laurels.
19. Henry was large and jovial and partly bald, while Jimmy was small and rather lugubrious in appearance and hailed from Glasgow.
20. She could imagine what was going on in the lugubrious depths of Baikal.
21. An excessive emotion was required to wring from him, once or twice a year, that lugubrious laugh of the convict, which is like the echo of the laugh of a demon.
22. Occasionally he burst out with "Peg in a Low- backed Car" and other Irish ditties or the more lugubrious lament for Robert Emmet , "She is far from the land where her young hero sleeps.
23. Occasionally he burst out with "Peg in a low-backed Car" and other Irish ditties or the more lugubrious lament for Robert Emmet , "She is far from the land where her young hero sleeps.
24. "I am drinking, " replied the tippler, with a lugubrious air.
25. A diffident, shuffling stick figure on stage, at the keyboard he had a penchant for lugubrious tempos, affecting profundity and a crashing, bombastic virtuosity.
26. These things are charming when one is joyous, and lugubrious when one is sad.
More similar words: curious, various, imperious, delirious, mysterious, laboriously, hubris, envious, obvious, dubious, anxious, previous, officious, vivacious, ambitious, religious, bumptious, oblivious, obviously, loquacious, suspicious, mendacious, capricious, pugnacious, previously, consciousness, subconsciously, sluggish, gubernatorial, riot.