Random good picture Not show
1. 'I'll see,' the nurse said, with an officious toss of her head .
2. We were tired of being pushed around by officious civil servants.
3. He's an officious little man and widely disliked in the company.
4. She presided over the present-opening like an officious timekeeper.
5. The people at the tax department were very officious, and kept everyone waiting for hours while they checked their papers.
6. All those dreary councillors and their officious bureaucrats deserve to be humbled.
7. He felt shamed and humiliated by the officious treatment he received at the hands of the pompous men at Immigration.
8. Why, we wonder, were Darlington police so officious over this?
9. I got held up by an officious receptionist who wouldn't let me in until I'd answered all her questions.
10. The consul's manner toward all tourists was officious.
11. Foreign office officious ask to see the prisoner.
12. There was pushing and pushing and officious cries.
13. He is an officious leader.
14. They wouldn't welcome any officious interference from the police.
15. a nasty officious little man.
16. You are rather disposed to call his interference officious?
17. He had a reputation for being politically officious and self - serving.
18. On the other hand,(Sentencedict.com) there are still many officious people.
19. She remained the same officious and imaginative Mrs. Penniman, that we have hitherto known.
20. I moved because I can't put up with officious landlady any longer.
21. She bustles about cooking breakfast in a most officious manner.
22. When people put on uniforms, their attitude becomes more confident and their manner more officious.
23. If he hadn't been an incredibly brainy person he would have been an officious one-eyed council clerk or something.
23. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
24. Fabio raised it, ironically, but Sergio was already back in the kitchen, doing something officious with the salad dressing.
25. Back in the car park, I found that an officious traffic warden had decided to make my day.
26. Hierarchy simply served to protect the incompetent and the officious from external control through the mutual support of superiors and subordinates.
27. Firmness, she thought, was the only way to deal with the officious little man.
28. We were tired of being pushed around by the officious guy.
29. Because he had no real authority, the clerk acted in officious way.
30. It's always the same man - short, stocky, balding , with officious manner and distant blue eyes. "
More similar words: suspicious, official, officially, efficient, vivacious, sufficient, efficiency, pugnacious, loquacious, subconsciously, consciousness, office, officer, suspicion, efficacy, difficult, head office, deficit, curious, dubious, envious, various, obvious, anxious, artificial, previous, oblivious, obviously, ambitious, bumptious.