Synonym: aspiring, intent upon, set on. Similar words: ambiguous, exhibition, bumptious, various, obvious, envious, curious, dubious. Meaning: [-ʃəs] adj. 1. having a strong desire for success or achievement 2. requiring full use of your abilities or resources.
Random good picture Not show
1. Only ambitious students get the best marks.
2. She is an ambitious career woman.
3. They were very ambitious for their children .
4. The government has ambitious plans for prison reform.
5. He is a highly ambitious politician.
6. Ambitious attitude essential.
7. The government has announced an ambitious programme to modernize the railway network.
8. He was an ambitious man with a strong personality .
9. The government has announced an ambitious programme to modernise the railway network.
10. Chris is so ambitious, so determined to do it all.
11. We were going to do something more ambitious over Christmas this year but we never got it together.
11. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
12. Nowadays it's acceptable for women to be ambitious. But it wasn't then.
13. She is ambitious to succeed.
14. The actress is ambitious of applause.
15. He described the plan as ambitious and audacious.
16. For socially ambitious couples this is a problem.
17. Phases 2 and 3 seem overly ambitious.
18. She is very ambitious for her four children.
19. Jogging every morning? That's very ambitious, isn't it?
20. Robert is a self-centred, ambitious and bigoted man.
21. They have set themselves some ambitious goals.
22. He is ambitious and susceptible to flattery.
23. He has always been ambitious and fiercely competitive.
24. She has some ambitious expansion plans for her business.
25. She became more ambitious as the years passed.
26. The ambitious project was completed in only nine months.
27. He is an ambitious man.
28. They are ambitious although they are poor.
29. His ambitious plan was in shreds.
30. Patriotism: Combustible rubbish ready to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name.
More similar words: ambiguous, exhibition, bumptious, various, obvious, envious, curious, dubious, anxious, previous, officious, oblivious, obviously, vivacious, pugnacious, previously, loquacious, suspicious, mysterious, laboriously, combination, consciousness, subconsciously, edition, addition, position, coalition, tradition, condition, munitions.