Synonym: deflection, deflexion, deviation, digression, divagation, diversionary attack, recreation. Similar words: diversity, biodiversity, version, aversion, inversion, conversion, diverse, aspersion. Meaning: [daɪ'vɜːʃn] n. 1. an activity that diverts or amuses or stimulates 2. a turning aside (of your course or attention or concern) 3. an attack calculated to draw enemy defense away from the point of the principal attack.
Random good picture Not show
1. The magician's talk created a diversion of attention.
2. The robbers threw smoke bombs to create a diversion.
3. Our party believes in encouraging cultural diversity, not diversion.
4. Sorry I'm late there was a diversion.
5. High tariffs often cause a diversion of trade from one country to another.
6. We made a short diversion to go and look at the castle.
7. From Poiso we make a short diversion to drive to the top of the mountain.
8. Finger painting is very messy but an excellent diversion.
9. The party will make a pleasant diversion.
10. The cinema provided a welcome diversion from camp routine.
11. Reading is a pleasant diversion.
12. The person's talk created a diversion of attention.
13. Golf is my father's favourite diversion.
14. For the government, the war was a welcome diversion from the country's economic problems.
15. The pilot set the aircraft up for a diversion to the nearest suitable airfield.
16. The fire was started to create a diversion, allowing some prisoners to escape.
17. A smoke bomb created a diversion while the robbery took place.
18. The traffic had to follow a diversion because of an accident on the main road.
19. A temporary diversion has been set up to take traffic away from the accident site.
20. One of the gang created a diversion in the street while the others robbed the bank.
21. Two prisoners created a diversion to give the men time to escape.
22. The party would make a pleasant diversion in his rather dull social life.
23. The diversion bought him some time.
24. Everybody needs a diversion, and college basketball is mine.
24. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
25. Mentally disordered offenders: practical steps to diversion from custody.
26. See diversion sign and ask B if he knows the best way around it.
27. It will also mean the diversion of two major traffic arteries over temporary roadways for three years.
28. I think the present armed clash on the border was a diversion to make their people forget the internal difficult economic situation.
29. For Richard Goldman, the online world is no mere diversion.
30. He polished his pebble glasses on a handkerchief, a little diversion before he embarked on the full story.
More similar words: diversity, biodiversity, version, aversion, inversion, conversion, diverse, aspersion, university, ever since, oversight, adversity, divert, diverge, diverted, controversial, division, divergent, diverting, excursion, universe, universal, anniversary, conversation, conversational, persist, Persian, persistent, dive, persistence.