Synonym: agreement, alliance, bargain, compress, deal, enter into, form, pact, reduce, shrink, start, treaty, understanding. Antonym: annul, repudiate. Similar words: contractor, on the contrary, contrast, contrast to, by contrast, to the contrary, attract, distract. Meaning: ['kɒntrækt] n. 1. a binding agreement between two or more persons that is enforceable by law 2. (contract bridge) the highest bid becomes the contract setting the number of tricks that the bidder must make 3. a variety of bridge in which the bidder receives points toward game only for the number of tricks he bid. v. 1. enter into a contractual arrangement 2. engage by written agreement 3. squeeze or press together 4. become smaller or draw together 5. be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness 6. make smaller 7. compress or concentrate 8. make or become more narrow or restricted 9. reduce in scope while retaining essential elements.
Random good picture Not show
1. Employees can contract into the company pension scheme.
2. He has backed out of the contract.
3. The contract gives a female executive maternity leave rights.
4. Their actions rendered the contract null and void.
5. We send you herewith two copies of the contract.
6. They were sued for breach of contract .
7. They were handed the contract on a plate.
8. She was cajoled into a new contract.
9. They were coerced into signing the contract.
10. We should add this clause to the contract.
11. We are sending you the contract separately.
12. Bad habits are easy to contract.
13. Your action has rendered our contract invalid.
14. They terminated my contract in October.
15. This contract is null and void.
16. The terms of the contract are under review.
17. There are three main types of contract.
18. The terms of the contract are very unclear.
19. I won't discuss the minutiae of the contract now.
20. He crumpled the contract into a ball.
21. Read the contract carefully before you sign it.
22. The court ruled that the contract must be terminated.
23. The offer has been accepted,(sentencedict.com) subject to contract .
24. She violated the terms of the contract repeatedly.
25. The contract was declared void.
26. Firms can contract out work to one another.
27. The original written contract was held valid.
28. I withheld payment until they had fulfilled the contract.
29. The terms of the contract are subject to review.
30. Muscles contract and relax during physical activity.
More similar words: contractor, on the contrary, contrast, contrast to, by contrast, to the contrary, attract, distract, abstract, control, attraction, attractive, contribute, contributor, contribution, contretemps, controversy, out of control, contribute to, concentrate, control group, under control, controversial, beyond control, concentration, concentrating, trace, track, practice, interact.