Similar words: conversation, constitutional convention, conventional, unconventional, conversion, converse, convection, convention. Meaning: [‚kɑnvə(r)'seɪʃənl /'kɒn-] adj. characteristic of informal spoken language or conversation.
Random good picture Not show
1. The students paired off to practise their conversational skills.
2. I know everyday conversational Japanese.
3. Her tone was mild, almost conversational.
4. His father wanted him to learn conversational German.
5. I learnt conversational Spanish at evening classes.
6. She values herself on her conversational powers.
7. Bernard made no response to Tom's conversational gambits.
8. Men have a more direct conversational style.
9. The article is written in a conversational style.
10. The article was written in straightforward, almost conversational language.
11. He seems to lack basic conversational skills.
12. His idea of a brilliant conversational gambit is 'What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?'
13. In conversational English " is not " often contracts to " isn't ".
14. McGovern lectures in a conversational style.
15. a class in conversational Spanish.
16. Kovitsky spoke in an amiable, conversational tone.
17. In conversational speech the two-way element is crucial.
18. There are few conversational gambits in discussions or meetings.
19. She could do nothing but batten down the conversational hatches and wait until the storm blew itself out.
20. Its tragic revelations are presented in a quiet, conversational style which hides deep emotions.
21. He describes in conversational style the ups and downs of his long career.
22. Some software is therefore designed to run in conversational mode.
23. He can move deftly from an almost conversational tone to a whisper.
24. He had thus far succeeded in fending off my conversational sallies.
25. The other more promising line of investigation is to explore directly the nature of conversational interaction.
26. There are two points worth noting about this fragment of conversational discourse.
27. For beginners it is best to start on slow, careful speech, such as that of newsreaders, before attempting conversational speech.
28. Gone were the carefree, witty passages written in the first person, the conversational style[sentencedict.com/conversational.html], the caustic bitter comments.
29. Although some of the questions are dippy, the volume is an inimitable record of poetic opinions and conversational habits.
30. My chairman knows more than anyone how difficult it is to obtain good quality samples of natural conversational data.
More similar words: conversation, constitutional convention, conventional, unconventional, conversion, converse, convection, convention, rational, national, irrational, educational, conditional, rationalize, nationalism, vibrational, irrationally, nationalist, nationality, condensation, impersonation, national debt, international, constitutional, unconditionally, organizational, unconstitutional, convert, converted, convergence.