Synonym: protect, safeguard, shield, support. Antonym: assail, attack, charge. Similar words: defender, defendant, defense, defensive, offender, refer, fence, offense. Meaning: [dɪ'fend] v. 1. argue or speak in defense of 2. be on the defensive; act against an attack 3. protect against a challenge or attack 4. fight against or resist strongly 5. protect or fight for as a champion 6. be the defense counsel for someone in a trial 7. state or assert.
Random good picture Not show
1. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing-grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
5. The reigning champion will defend her title tonight.
6. She had to defend herself against the guard dog.
7. Some young people are carrying knives to defend themselves.
8. Troops have been sent to defend the borders.
9. We need to defend against military aggression.
10. We must defend our motherland from the enemy.
11. He plans to defend his Olympic crown.
12. How vigorously will the local companies defend their turf?
13. It is impossible to defend against an all-out attack.
14. The accused had a lawyer to defend him.
15. How can we defend our homeland if we don't have an army?
16. They tried to defend themselves against the enemy with all their might.
17. All our officers are trained to defend themselves against knife attacks.
18. I think my position is right, and I'll defend it to the last.
19. We are determined to defend our motherland at all costs.
20. They retained a famous lawyer to defend their case.
21. A family must defend its home against attack.
22. How can you defend such behaviour?
23. He hired a top QC to defend him.
23. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
24. If disturbed or cornered, the snake will defend itself.
25. She's running to defend her 400 metres title.
26. Defend yourself with your right.
27. A tiger has a large territory to defend.
28. I have sworn an oath to defend her.
30. My flower is ephemeral, and she has only four thorns to defend herself against the world. And I have left on my planet, all alone!